|HKI recruits 01 Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||04 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Organization HKI Posted 22 Mar 2021 Closing date 4 Apr 2021
Organization: Helen Keller International
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Years of experience: 3-4 years
Location: Dakar, Senegal or other Helen Keller Intl country of operation.
To be determined – Local Contract
Helen Keller Intl Countries of operation include Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, DRC, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Tanzania, Senegal, Sierra Leone.
Scope of the position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (MEC) reports directly to the regional Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Advisor.
S/he works closely with the VAS Regional Manager and the VAS Regional Coordinators. He/she manages all monitoring and evaluation needs for the Vitamin A Supplementation programs in Helen Keller International’s 13 countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, DRC, Guinea, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Tanzania, Senegal, Sierra Leone.
Vitamin A supplementation can contribute to a reduction of under-five mortality of up to 24% if it reaches at least 80% of children every 6 months in countries with high rates of vitamin A deficiency and mortality.
Helen Keller Int’l supports governments to deliver vitamin A supplements twice a year to children aged 6 to 59 months using multiple models. The most common approach to Vitamin A Supplementation consists in organizing mass campaigns where thousands of distributors visit all households in the country to deliver VAS directly to the children. In these campaigns VAS is usually combined with deworming and immunization.
Measuring the coverage of VAS is essential to ensure that at least 80% of children are reached.
Helen Keller Int’l has developed a methodology called Post Event Coverage Surveys (PECS) and organizes these surveys in all its countries of operation.
PECS are cross sectional surveys that use and adaptation of WHO recommendations for measuring the coverage of immunization campaigns. Where campaigns cannot be organized, VAS is often integrated into primary health care services or in community platforms and is distributed throughout the year. However, while campaigns commonly reach >80% coverage, these routine platforms often fail to reach children.
Measuring coverage for these services is therefore critical as well.
In addition to supporting PECS implementation and analysis in all Helen Keller countries, the MEC position also includes monitoring inputs and processes of VAS programs, including training or supervision.
The MEC position also aims at producing knowledge by organizing case studies and lessons learning exercises on new and innovative programs implemented in the field.
• Manage post event coverage surveys for VAS
• Coordinate with VAS country teams to ensure that PECS are organized at least once a year in each country supporting VAS campaigns
• Provide technical support to country teams to prepare PECS protocols, questionnaires and reports
• Provide technical support to country teams in the analysis of PECS data.
• Train regional and country teams on all aspects of design, implementation, analysis and reporting of PECS to ensure that capacity to organize PECS exists in all Helen Keller countries.
Manage the VAS dashboard
• Sensitize or train all VAS country teams on the use of the VAS dashboard, which aggregates monitoring data from across all programs
• Review on a monthly basis the submissions made by countries to the dashboard and provide feedback and guidance to the country teams in case of discrepancies or errors.
• Review on a monthly basis the regional dashboard and correct any errors
• Suggest adjustments to the dashboard content and processes where improvements can be made.
• Manage monitoring and evaluation for VAS
• Identify all indicators relevant to measuring the performance of VAS programs and activities and modalities for collecting associated data.
• Ensure that all data relevant to the monitoring of VAS programs in Helen Keller countries and at regional level is collected
• Prepare quarterly updates detailing activities conducted and performance of VAS programs for all countries
• Prepare all reports required for the VAS programs and review reports produced at country level.
• Support the design, implementation and analysis of operations research projects for VAS
• Organize for the collection of case studies, lessons learned and best practices on VAS programs and produce associated knowledge products
• Contribute to the development of a learning agenda for VAS programming
• Masters degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health, Economics, Demography and at least three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong analytic skills and working knowledge of Ona, Stata, and Excel, including pivot tables
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a variety of teams are required for the successful conduct of the MECs work
• Working proficiency in French and English are required
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian and development programs
• Experience in design and implementation of operations research
• Technical knowledge of campaign delivered health services preferred
• perform duties that require a close attention to detail;
• prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion.
• maintain balance when under stress.
• work in a decentralized organizational structure with a highly collaborative approach.
• Work well in teams and problem solve
In the spirit of our namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all types is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
HELEN KELLER INTL
· DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
· DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
· DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to … noting the job title in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] noting the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.