La Banque Mondiale recruits 01 Environmental Analyst
La Banque Mondiale
Job #: req12848Organization: World BankSector: EnvironmentGrade: GETerm Duration: 4 years 0 monthsRecruitment Type: Local RecruitmentLocation: Maputo,MozambiqueRequired Language(s): English & PortuguesePreferred Language(s): Closing Date: 9/2/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Background Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Visit www.worldbank.org .
The Environment, Natural Resources and Blue Economy (ENB) Global Practice has five key business lines consisting of Lending and non-lending services in(1) Forests, Watersheds and Sustainable Landscapes (‘Green Business line’)
(2) Marine, Coastal, Aquatic Resources and Ocean Health (‘Blue Economy Business line’)(3) Pollution Management and Environmental Health (‘Pollution Management Business line’)(4) Environmental Economics, Policies and Institutions Business line(5) Safeguards/ Environmental Risk Management Business line: delivery of effective environmental risk management and sustainability by managing risk at the project level and creating opportunities to advance sustainable development.
This includes provision of high-quality and timely safeguards services across the Bank, including current safeguards policies and the effective implementation of the new Environment and Social Framework (ESF) that was rolled out on October 1, 2018.
The ENB Global Practice in Sub Saharan Africa is made up of four units: two in West and Central Africa Region, and two in East and Southern Region. The SAEE3 unit covers East and Southern, and Indian Ocean islands; The operations are in a variety of areas such as natural resources management, coastal zone management, forestry, pollution, climate change, landscape, and terrestrial and marine natural resources. In addition, the unit, like other ENB GP units provides environmental safeguards and ESF services across all sectors and projects.
The World Bank has been providing financial and technical support to Mozambique in the areas of Natural Resources Management, including forestry, biodiversity, fisheries, and climate change. The WB portfolio in this area is rapidly evolving and comprises a series of investment, technical assistance, and analytical work operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Environmental Analyst will be based in Maputo, Mozambique and will be supporting a broad and evolving portfolio of lending and policy dialogue on Biodiversity, Climate Change, Forestry, and Landscapes.
He/she will have the following main duties and responsibilities: • Contributes to specific operational activities at all stages of the project cycle, including participation in the design and development of specific project components, responsibility for costing, financing and disbursements aspects, drafting of implementation arrangements, co-financing coordination, project supervision, portfolio management activities, ICR preparation, etc.
• Carries out substantive research and analytical tasks on forest, biodiversity, tourism, climate change, and landscape management, reviews and interprets information/data, identifies issues, and recommends actions/solutions to inform design of operations and interventions
• Interacts with and guides task team members and communicates with FCPF, GEF and potentially BioCF and the client in ensuring compliance of sustainable landscape program objectives and requirements
• Help ensure that the World Bank’s responsibilities for administrative, operational and performance reporting are fulfilled as required by FCPF, GEF and potentially BioCF.
• Analyzes portfolio and pipeline data and drafts regular and ad-hoc reporting internally to the management and externally including to the ILM MDTF donors and other stakeholders, including briefs and presentations
• Coordinate closely with clients on implementation of ILM-MDTF related tasks to facilitate communication, coordination, and impact.
• Provide overall advice, guidance and support to the task team on all TF related matters arising during the TF cycle (from planning/inception to Legally closing) and liaise closely with Bank Central Units (DFI, Legal, OPCS, TACT (HQ & Chennai), WFA) on a regular basis
• Supporting communications and knowledge management activities and assisting with knowledge product development and facilitation, preparing briefing and presentation material on thematic areas as requested by TTLs
• Providing in-country strategical information to the TTLs, and to advise on the relationships with Development Partners, government officials, civil society, the private sector and academia
• Support preparation of Implementation and Supervision missions and field visits and actively participate on them and supports ISRs preparation.
• Participate in implementation support missions and field visits organized by the World Bank
Selection Criteria • Master’s degree or equivalent in Natural Resources Management, Forestry, Environmental Management, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy/Economics, or related fields
• At least three years of relevant professional work experience • Excellent attention to detail, can manage multiple tasks at a time• Excellent writing and analytical skills, including the ability to draft presentations, outcome reporting, and other written communications• Ability to develop professional presentations and other documents• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and diplomatic skills• Data collection and proficiency in using analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel• Ability to apply a practical approach to problem solving, produce high quality work outputs, effectively prioritize, and adapt to competing and unexpected demands• Should be a self-starter, with a demonstrated high level of initiative• Commitment to maintain the highest ethical standards• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, work effectively in and influence a team, and network effectively across boundaries• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Portuguese• Familiarity with World Bank operations, procedures, and culture will be advantage on above.
World Bank Group Core Competencies The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories. POSTULER