Wave recruits 01 Distribution Leads – Merchant, Dakar, Senegal
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
The Distributor Lead will ensure the supervision and optimal functioning of 3-4 distribution groups working in specific zones by ensuring the achievement of the Payments Operations objectives set. Distributors’ job involves spreading the word around Wave payment product »Payez avec Wave“ and engaging new payers. The Distribution Lead will help us reach our objective of creating a tremendous payer growth machine by successfully managing supervisors and distributors.
In this role, you’ll:
- Ensure supervisors have all the resources and knowledge they need to run effective distribution teams.
- Develop a team of empowered supervisors that exemplify Wave values and are full owners of the growth in their assigned areas.
- Maintain quality of our distributor’s team through great hiring, frequent performance monitoring, and coaching.
- Increase our number of active payers by boosting the number of scans and conversions generated by distributors, while maintaining a stable payer retention rate.
- Create strategies that help us, target groups of individuals that have a strong need for a product such as “Payez avec Wave”.
- Review cycle targets with lead and give feedback on any adjustment that is needed; when executing targets and any challenge/blocker arises, it’s your responsibility as leads to escalate that to upper management for help/guidance.
- Fully owning the growth of a zone/ area.
- Exemplify Wave values/lead by example.
- Location: You’ll work in the field supervising your team in a daily basis with possible deplacement to our office in Dakar.
- Work authorization in Senegal.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluency in French and Wolof and proficiency in English.
- Reside in the region or locality where distribution will be done.
- Having 1-2 years of medium to large distribution team management experience.
- Good training and coaching skill.
- Good understanding of logistics and supply.
- Have some experience managing a team and/or some experience in distribution.
- Personality traits.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Enjoy organizing large events – you’ll be the point of contact to both suppliers and the team.
- Love owning projects – you’re autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
- Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date : 13 February 2022. Postuler