|wave recrute 01 Agent Network Operations Lead|
Description de l’offre
Agent Network Operations Lead
Wave Mobile Money Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal À distance
• Temps plein · Premier emploi
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an Agent Network Lead who is a competent and metric-driven leader with experience in mobile money agent network operations and managing large field teams. You will be responsible for Wave’s agent network strategy across our operations in Africa ensuring that our agent networks have the continued cultivation and resources needed to achieve success.
In this role, you’ll:
• Provide leadership to our country agent operations and agent liquidity teams in at-scale and new markets, to achieve our business objectives.
• Own Wave’s agent network strategy:
• Lead Wave’s agent team by living Wave’s values, and ensuring that they’re deeply ingrained within the team.
• Advise teams across different countries on best practices for building sustainable agent networks.
• Collaborate with our agent product managers to continually improve our agent operations tools and product.
• Continually analyse and improve our agent network and liquidity management operations policies and procedures to sufficiently adapt to our pace of growth and to the regulatory environment.
• The employee is required to be a full-time Africa- based team member and will have frequent travel between our major operating countries and can support our operations from select countries (not limited to Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, or Ghana).
• Subsidized health insurance for you and your dependents and retirement contributions (both vary from country to country).
• 6 months fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance.
• Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement.
• $10,000 annual charitable donation matching.
• +10 years of experience in Mobile Money operations in Africa with +5 years’ experience directly managing large agent networks at a senior level.
• Experienced managing large field operational teams in a fast-paced environment.
• English or Bilingual – French and English.
• Analytical – able to absorb data from various sources, interpret it and build an effective agent network strategy.
• Expertise in working with diverse stakeholders to achieve complex and challenging objectives.
• Demonstrated experience owning large mobile money projects and senior responsibility.
• Extended knowledge of mobile money in Africa is required.
You might be a good fit if you
• • Have strong analytical skills and makes most decisions based on data.
• Understands the challenge of agent liquidity across an agent network and have solved it before.
• Are adaptable and a creative thinker, and willing to iterate and fail quickly.
• Communicate effectively and often, both in writing and in-person, to the point of over-communication.
• Think from first principles (basic theoretical form) about how things should work.
• Think about culture and process from the users’ perspective.
• Have led a large field team whose role was to ensure the efficient day to day running of an agent network.
• Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
• You are constantly working to keep your team unblocked and moving forward.
• Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
• Willing to go an extra distance to get something done and quite hands-on.
• We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Benin and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
• We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
• We’re backed by world-class investors including Sequoia, Stripe, Founders Fund, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and the cofounders of PayPal.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply for this job online :