ACTED recruits 01 Chief Training and Institutional Development Specialist – Andijan and Ferghana Regions OR Namangan Region
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.
ACTED has been present in Kyrgyzstan since 1999, with a coordination office in the capital Bishkek and two operational bases in Osh and Batken, in the South of the country. ACTED’s interventions focus on disasters risk reduction, economic development, local governance and the promotion of peaceful dialogue and cooperation in both rural and urban areas throughout Chuy, Osh, Jalal-Abad, Naryn, Issyk-Kul and Batken.
You will be in charge of
The Rural Infrastructure Development Project (RIDP) is implemented by the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction (MoED) with financing from the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). The development objective of the RIDP is to (i) improve the quality of basic infrastructure and (ii) strengthen participatory local governance processes in Selected Qishloqs , where participatory local governance refers to inclusive community participation in needs assessments as well as the planning, prioritization, and selection of subproject investments, and oversight activities including the monitoring of procurement, subprojects, and social audits.
Facilitating partners (FPs) will provide training and capacity support to district hokimiyats, Mahalla Citizens’ Assembly (MCA) executive committees and Mahalla Development Units (MDUs) to increase citizen participation, transparency, and accountability throughout the RIDP implementation cycle by mobilizing, training and deploying Qishloq Facilitators and Qishloq Engineers overseen and supported by technical specialists. FPs will also provide technical assistance to the PIU on topics including community mobilization and capacity building and rural water supply and sanitation.
The Chief Training and Institutional Development Specialist is part of the Facilitating Partner (FP) team and reports directly to the FP Project Manager.
The purpose of the Chief Training and Institutional Development Specialist is to oversee the recruitment, training and management of Qishloq Facilitators. Qishloq Facilitators (QFs) shall work in teams (one man and one woman) in the qishloqs to establish Mahalla Development Units (MDUs), facilitate various participatory planning and exercises and the production of Qishloq Development Plans (QDPs), and support Mahalla Citizens’ Assemblies and Mahalla Development Units in RIDP-related activities. QFs will have to be well trained in capacity building, facilitation, analysis, planning, and mobilization. The Chief Training and Institutional Development Specialist will oversee the work of the QFs and ensure the quality of their work.
Main responsabilities :
- Oversee the recruitment, training and deployment of qishloq facilitators and the quality of their work;
- Ensure that RIDP principles, procedures and processes are communicated clearly to stakeholders at all levels;
- Develop awareness-raising and training materials covering the subject processes included in the POM and Community Mobilization Manual;
- Train FP staff, RIDP qishloq facilitators, and qishloq engineers;
- Ensure that qishoq facilitators support MDUs and MCAs such that RIDP objectives of inclusivity, gender sensitivity and sustainability are achieved;
- Identify opportunities to link MDUs with GoU programs and services.
- Provide regular training and capacity support to qishloq facilitators (classroom and on-the-job) on topics covered in the POM to improve the quality of the facilitation support provided in each RIDP target regions;
- Oversee the work of Qishloq Facilitation teams in the field and update and revise communications and training materials based on field experience and observations.
- Develop training curriculum and train QFs to facilitate MDUs and MCAs to map pandemic, natural disaster, and climate change-related risks and identify risk-resilient infrastructure investments.
Experience / Training
- Master’s degree or higher in rural development or similar field;
- Minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in senior positions related to community mobilization; training design, delivery and assessment; capacity building for community-based institutions in large-scale community-based development or local service delivery projects;
- Strong working knowledge of community mobilization approaches needed to ensure the participations of women, youth, the poor, and other vulnerable groups;
- Demonstrated experience in applying tools and approaches in the field of social accountability, including the use of social audits, score cards, or similar approaches;
- Demonstrated experience developing training, communications and awareness-raising materials;
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer of trainers;
- Strong verbal and written skills in English and/or Russian languages; Uzbek language is an advantage;
- Prior experience working in the Ferghana Valley of Uzbekistan is desirable.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply
Please send us your application to the email adresse : [email protected], with the ref: KE2/KYR
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Extensive resume detailing their background, and experiences in the same field of expertise
- Copy of their ID
- The Questionnaire attached filed in, and signed hereby agreeing on the use of their personal data for the selection process and the contacting phase if selected
- The present ToRs initialled on each page
Applying to this advertisement does not guarantee to be selected for an interview, nor the award of a contract.
The selected expert will be contracted through an ACTED regular service provision contract including KPIs only if ACTED is granted the related project by the donor.
Further detailed conditions with regard to this assignment will be negotiated with the successful candidate upon award of the grant by the donor.
All experts engaged with ACTED are subject to safety & security rules, and mandatory insurance provisions.