Coopi recruits 01 Focal point for Training and Administrative supervision
COOPI is looking for a Focal point for Training and Administrative supervision
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995 . COOPI has been taking action to improve food security among the most vulnerable groups, through the integration and diversification of livelihoods and the increase of production capacity. It has also facilitated access to clean water and has promoted efficient irrigation systems . Thanks to its projects, COOPI has improved sanitation in homes, schools and health centres and has disseminated good hygiene practices .
Purpose of the role
The Focal point for Training and Administrative supervision is responsible for the correct administrative and financial management and sustainability of projects in the south of Ethiopia (Negelle, Dolo and Bale base) in compliance with the contract, Coopi, Donor and Government procedures.
Safe and bank account management
- Is responsible of the correct management of the safes and the project’s bank accounts, by regularly controlling the project/s accountant and base administrators and doing “ad hoc” verifications.
- Is responsible of the correct project/s accountancy and all accountancy documents filing. S/he does this by monitoring the accountants and base administrators or by directly performing the accountancy, in case there is dedicated staff.
- Verifies the correct administrative management of the project/s (contracts, goods and services purchase, calls for tenders etc.) by supervising the base administrators and in compliance with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- Ensure the flow of administrative, accounting and financial instructions between project managers (outgoing and incoming) and/or accountants;
- Ensures the correct filing of all project’s administrative documents.
Expenses planning and monitoring
- In collaboration with the Project Manager makes the project’s financial planning;
- Monitors expenses, in accordance with the budget;
- Ensures that the accountancy data are provided to the Project Manager (from the base administrators) as to allow him to monitor and plan the expenditures and to request funds.
Contract modifications and administrative documents
- Collaborates with the Project Manager in the elaboration of contract modifications (including the budget revision or no cost extension) and in the preparation of all necessary project documents.
- Collaborates in updating the inventory of goods (Coopi property and project) with base manager and support the PM and base manager in regularly updating the procurement plan;
- Gives support to PM and/or to Base manager for the correct compliance of COOPI (and donor’s) procedure for the purchase of goods/work/service.
Budget preparation, planification and control
- Upon request by the Project Manager (and in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator/Area Coordinator on sustainability-related aspects) participates actively to new projects’ budget writing;
- Planification and control of the budget of the base.
- In coordination with the HR Manager and the Project Coordinator is responsible for local staff recruitment procedures, preparation of ToRs, checking contracts and salary slips and payments, monitoring of leave, absences, disciplinary measures, individual requests.
Supervision and training of national administrative staff
- Ensures regularly training on all administrative tools (COOPI and donor) assigned to the project;
- Definition of the needs and support for capacity building of its team in line with the project objectives.
Electronic and physical archiving
- Is responsible of the follow up of the project’s administrative and accounting documents in collaboration with the Project Manager and base administrators;
- At the end of the project ensures that all the supporting documents (and all other relevant document) have been correctly archived (as per circular note) and sent to the coordination office.
Education / Experiences
- University degree in management, finance and/or human resources;
- Solid financial administration experience in an NGO for at least 3 years ;
- Solid administration experience in NGO abroad for at least 2 years ;
- Good experience in accounting management;
- Excellent command of English , spoken and written;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel);
- Good knowledge of the main donor procedures .
- Enjoys meticulous work;
- Ability to motivate and support the team;
- Autonomy in managing priorities and time;
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate internally and externally with different partners at different levels;
- Team spirit and adaptability;
- Ability to manage stress.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.