FHI 360 recruits 01 Technical Director – Senegal
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director for an anticipated multiyear Integrated District Health project in Senegal.?The activity aims to support the implementation of comprehensive health plans at the district level that address the key drivers of maternal, neonatal, and child morbidity and mortality in five priority regions of Senegal. The activity combines technical assistance for service delivery and universal health coverage, social and behavior change, subgrant funding and health systems strengthening into one mechanism. The program will enhance the Senegal Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Senegal and ultimately improve health outcomes among Senegal nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Technical Director will lead the technical aspects of the project’s scope of work and contribute significantly to the effective and timely implementation of the project. S/he will provide the technical leadership necessary to increase access to, quality of and community demand for priority health services. S/he will lead and manage a team of senior advisers and managers in charge of technical areas relevant to an integrated package of malaria, maternal and child health, family planning, nutrition and health systems strengthening (HSS) activities in five priority regions (Diourbel, Kolda, Sedhiou, Tambacounda and Kedougou). The Technical Director will be responsible for the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of technical strategies and activities to realize project objectives. S/he will work collaboratively with the Chief of Party (COP) and in close collaboration with the MOH, technical and financial partners, the private sector and civil society to address the issues that Senegalese are facing in accessing quality care.
Jointly with the COP, The Technical Director is responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations and for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and quality of program implementation.
The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
- Lead and manage the technical team by providing technical direction for strengthening health systems at the district level in Senegal, increasing access to services, improving the quality of services and enhancing the participation by communities and other stakeholders;
- Stay abreast of developments and evidence generation in technical areas and integrate them into the project;
- Review and analyze performance indicators to inform adaptive redesign of project strategy
- Design and lead program & technical quality assessments and provide technical troubleshooting as needed;
- Engage consortium partners, including MoH, medical regions and districts, in co-design, co-evaluation and co-planning of strategies and activities.
- Contribute to high level coordination mechanisms with the Ministry of Public Health, other line ministries, and key stakeholders on technical issues for smooth implementation of this integrated health program’s technical areas;
- Develop technical components of annual work plans, draft and finalize technical sections of quarterly reports, and ensure project technical objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner;
- Identify technical assistance needs and mobilize the necessary technical assistance and support as needed and ensure team responsiveness to technical assistance inputs and formal recommendations; and
- Maintains close communication with FHI 360 technical experts at headquarters.
Applied Knowledge & Management Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with program management and design of technical content.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated .
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiate, and work well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact
- Works on problems of complex scope and require in depth evaluation of issues and
assessment of intangible factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods,
techniques for obtaining results and improving processes.
- Reports to the Chief of Party.
- Leads, directs, and supervises staff to achieve project goals.
- Medical Doctor with master’s degree or its equivalent in public health, health administration or related field.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in a senior/director position with public health programs and a focus on maternal and child health, family planning, quality improvement, and/or health systems strengthening.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to build and lead technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level officials particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with national and subnational government officials and institutions, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID. CSOs, and donor organizations.
- Strong experience in staff supervision, management, and performance monitoring.
- Working knowledge of and experience with US Government funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures. Experience and knowledge of USAID-funded health programs preferred.
- Fluency in French and strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English required.
- Experience working in Senegal is plus and Senegalese nationals are encouraged to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com .