HEKS/EPER, recruits 01 Desk Officer Humanitarian Aid, based in Romania, 100%
HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization active worldwide and present in the city of Cluj since 2015. The mission of the Foundation is to assist marginalized people and vulnerable groups of society in Romania and abroad – particularly in the areas of development cooperation and emergency assistance.
As part of the expansion of its Humanitarian Aid activities, HEKS/EPER Romania is actively looking for his/her new:
Desk Officer Humanitarian Aid, based in Romania, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
Management of Grants for Humanitarian Aid
- Active participation in the process of the submission of project proposals.
- Monitoring and updating the schedule of deadlines for documents to be given to support services and donor parties, in coordination with the missions and HQ contacts for the timely reception of documents; and operational archiving.
- Control of document compliance and overall coherence according to the specific rules of each donor party (including BHA/USAID, ECHO, SDC, SwS and UN agencies) and consolidation of the reports with overall consistency check.
- Follow up and keep abreast of evolution of rules and regulations with a particular focus on audit guidelines and transmitting knowledges by actively participating in training on donor formats and rules.
Intern communication, finance, logistics and administration support
- Participation in interservice meetings, dissemination of minutes; centralization and distribution of internal communication documents from / to the mission and HQ.
- In charge of producing fundraising communications.
- Monitoring and active participation in registration processes in countries of Operation.
- Central player in managing payments; insuring information flow to operate timely payments; in charge of financial reporting for HQ expenses.
- Central player in revision and validation of procurements files and procurements plans; provide support for procurement done at HQ level.
- Preparation of expatriate operational briefing before departure; visa and flight management for expatriates; drafting of consultancy agreements.
Expériences / Formation
To be successful you bring:
- University Degree and professional experience of 4 years minimum, including two years overseas.
- Rigor and reliability, outstanding sense of organization and for coordination; excellent interpersonal skills; good management of priorities and pressure to meet often conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent drafting skills in Romanian, English and French; good knowledge of Windows and Office tools (Word and Excel in particular).
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with a duty station in our office in Cluj, Romania.
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition; remote work and field missions.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
- Preferred starting date: December 2021.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates). Only online applications will be considered . Closing date for applications will be 20 November 2021 .
Mr Steve Ringel, Deputy head of humanitarian aid, is at your disposal for further information: +41 (0) 44 360 88 00. For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/ .