IPPFAR recruits 01 Specialist – Grants Management
The postholder will be responsible for overall coordination and management of grants and restricted funded projects of the IPPF Africa Regional Office and will ensure adherence to internal and donor standards, policies and regulations. S/he shall design and administer grants in ARO and Member Associations (MAs), developing and refining manuals, building capacity on financial and accounting systems, ensuring alignment with program objectives, and managing procurement systems. The post holder will work closely with the program and strategy and organisational development team to ensure that funded project development is aligned with IPPFARO strategic objectives and plans.
2. KEY TASKS
• Management of all IPPFAR grants programme, ensuring implementation is aligned to objectives and design;
• Coordination of the entire grant making process; including the pipeline, the development and review of proposals, the selection process for grants , review of financial documents and programme reports, and close out of grants;
• Coordination of donor relations and management of compliance of IPPFARO with both IPPF policies and donors requirements;
• Development and roll out of the office grants manual;
• Ensures that Counterpart and donor rules and regulations vis-à-vis grants management are properly followed and adhered to.
• Ensures transparency in all accounting and financial management and in overall funded programme operations;
• Support staff and MAs in the implementation of quality controls and proper, functional programme management;
• Leads MAs oversight grant management;
• Capacitates staff and MAs in attaining financial sustainability; developing and implementing training modules and ensuring checks and balances.
• Supports SMT to maintain high operating standards and ensure accountability.
• Reviews, in collaboration with the Operations Department purchase requisitions for details and completeness, ensure approval through proper channels.
• Arrange s and manages the storage of materials and inventory accounts for grants under his/her management;
• Establishes procedures for the receipt, storage, issue and disposal of equipment and supplies;
• Directly responsible for overseeing procurement support both in MAs and in ARO;
• S/he shall embrace safeguarding as well as all organisational policies;
• To undertake any other duties as may be requested by the head of department.
Experience / Training
• Master’s in finance/Accounting, Management and/or equivalent.
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least 10 years’ experience working with international NGOs in development and management of grants and finance and administration;
• Experience with restricted funded programs/projects, their development, management, closure and evaluation;
• Experience in grant management of international and domestic funders across health and human development sectors (i.e. European bilateral, DFID, World Bank, DFID, UN agencies and private foundations and corporations);
• Knowledge of and experience of working, negotiating with the donor community internationally
• Experience in attracting new donors
• Knowledge of Non-governmental Organization (NGO) business development process activities required.
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
How to apply
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit https://www.ippfar.org/jobs
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.