La Banque Mondiale recrute 01 Assistant de bureau
La Banque Mondiale
Job #: req12929Organization: World BankSector: Administration/Office SupportGrade: GBTerm Duration: 2 years 0 monthsRecruitment Type: Local RecruitmentLocation: Yaounde,CameroonRequired Language(s): English & FrenchPreferred Language(s): Closing Date: 9/3/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Description Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
Background & General description :The World Bank Cameroon Country Office is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Cameroon Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide administrative and client support to the operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Roles & Responsibility:
The Incumbent’s duties include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support • Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
• Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
• Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
• Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
• Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
• Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
Information Management and Client interaction • Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
• Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
• Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
• Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities
Time management & Logistic planning • Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
• Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
• Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
Other duties • Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
• Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
Selection Criteria Minimum Bachelor’s degree;At least 2 to 3 years direct relevant office support experience in a large international or multinational or corporate or public service organization;Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.)Mastery of French and English language (verbal and written)Working knowledge of word processing and Microsoft Office suite
Competencies Good team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels;Willingness to seek assistance from supervisor(s)/colleagues and learn from them;Ability to deal accurately and complete tasks every day according to specific standards;Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.Ability to follow through on work priorities and respond creatively to client requests. Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
World Bank Group Core Competencies The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories. POSTULER