Description of context: ?MAGNA is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian organization whose objective is to provide medical aid to populations in crisis. MAGNA organizes humanitarian medical projects to help people in need, whether through poverty, disease, war, or ecological disaster and regardless of ethnicity, religion or nationality. MAGNA is independent of all states and institutions, as well as of all political, economic or religious influences.
Description of MAGNA:
MAGNA recruits medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, MAGNA has achieved respectable results. MAGNA for over 15 years has focused on providing medical care (primary, secondary, nutrition, sexual violence, HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases) on tree continents.
MAGNA in region of Africa currently runs programmes in DR Congo, South Sudan, Kenya and plans to open Central African Republic.
Overall objective Participating and collaborating with the Head Of Mission (HoM) in definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and support to the field and coordinating the implementation of an efficient mission supply chain, according to MAGNA protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance to MAGNA standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Proposing a supply strategy for the mission or the revision thereof, to the coordination team for validation, according to the mission’s context and the operational needs
· In line with MAGNA’s protocols, policies, standards and guidelines, ensuring the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the validated mission supply strategy
· Defining and ensuring the implementation of the overall supply procedures, of an efficient supply administration and providing adapted tools to support the different supply activities. Guaranteeing the standardisation of warehouse management focussing on medical stocks and the interactions with the distribution points
· Acting as a permanent auditor of the supply chain: as such, monitoring the different supply processes as well as the use of the tools and the accurate execution of the supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed. Ensuring the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
· Managing field visits on regular basis to offer a permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders
· Monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical/supply activities in the mission ensuring compliance to MAGNA standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
· In close collaboration with the HR department, participating in the recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing and performance evaluation of the logistics staff in the mission in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Implementing all these related activities to the logistics staff under his/her direct responsibility.
· Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the mission and provides coaching to logistics staff.
· Monitoring and implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction rules: transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security plan, evacuation plan and other contingency plans.
· Ensuring communication means in the Mission (including numbers frequencies), allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ.
· Providing reports on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and proposing corrections if needed
Expériences / Formation
Required knowledge and skills
· Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
· Essential in Supply chain management (minimum 3 years) and in organization of supply administration, procurement and procedures
Knowledge and skills
· Computer literacy
· French and English essential
Required Personal Characteristics
· Good stress management
· Resistance to pressure
· Analytical capability
· Organized and methodical
· Strong sense of responsibilities
· Strong listening and empathy skills
· Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
· Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
· Good communication skills
· Honesty and rigor
Compensation Your monthly untaxed salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience.
Starting from 1.470 to 1886 Euros
MAGNA field salaries are calculated in EUR and are not negotiable as they are part of a harmonized agreement across the MAGNA network.
Benefits PER DIEM: paid in local currency in the field (900 EUR/month) TRANSPORTATION: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas. INSURANCE: including medical coverage, 24/7 assistance and repatriation ACCOMODATION: Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization BREAK POLICY: 5 working days at 3, 6 and 9 months (200 USD allowances/400 USD flight) PAID LEAVES POLICY: 20 days of paid leaves per year
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “ LOGISTIC & SUPPLY MANAGER – DR CONGO – KINSHASA – E0200016 ”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.