MDM recruits 01 Human resources coordinator (M/F) – Iraq/Kurdistan
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a program where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continue to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH level
- Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS)
- Gender based violence (GBV) integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
- As a cross cutting approach, MdM is planning to develop a community health based (CHB) approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are in charge of defining, adapting, planning and supervising the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values.
You train the HR staff and the managers on the policies and tools at coordination and field levels.
HR policies and tools
- Develop HR policies and guidelines for the mission, in line with MdM HR policies, and in line with the legal, and administrative procedures of the Iraqi laws, including the labour law
- Review, adjust and prepare specific guidelines and tools for recruitment, induction of new staff, HR filing, attendance sheets, leave requests, contract templates, staff performance appraisals and termination process
- Suggest and develop a harmonized payroll for the mission
- Implement a payment procedure for volunteers, service contracts and daily workers
- Review and adjust if needed the HR database management
- Review and update the HR training data base in order to follow up all trainings received by staff
- Support the general coordinator in the implementation of the updated MdM PSEA (protection against sexual exploitation and abuse) policy
- Ensure the implementation of a reporting and complaint mechanism related to PSEA
- Train HR staff on presentation and implementation on PSEA policies
Training of HR staff and managers
- Coach and support HR national staff on HR management issues (at coordination and field levels)
- Train HR officer on the preparation of the payroll
- Train all managers on the HR management and tools, including staff performance appraisals and recruitment process
- Take the lead on developping and organising the induction course “Welcome to MdM in Iraq” for new employees
Human resources management
- Ensure the implementation of the HR policies (conditions of employment and internal regulations, medical policy)
- Support the HR manager & HR assistant in the recruitment process
- Update the function and salary grid and ensure its implementation
- Supervise the HR database management, ensuring all important staff information is complete and up to date, lead on and supervise, with finance department, the monthly payment of salaries
- Handle, together with the coordination team, the disciplinary actions that might be needed
- Maintain a HR plan with information such as upcoming annual leave and recruitment needs
- Work closely with other teams, such as logistics and finance, to improve processes
- Coordinate the monthly follow-up of HR tools and share with HQ the needed updates
- Contribute to the development of organizational charts and supervise their monthly update
- Work closely with the in-country and HQ legal advisors regarding contracting and other labour issues
- Depending on the assessment and evaluation of the HR department, and available financial resources, give advice on the staffing in the HR department, at the end of the mission
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status : Employee
- Contract : Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible until 31 December 2021
- Based in Erbil with regular fields visits
- Gross monthly salary: 2860 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor human resources management required
- Training in project management is an asset
- At least 3 years of working experience in a humanitarian context as HR coordinator, administrative coordinator or in HR management
- Capacity building experience is a must
- Capacity to adapt schedules according to priorities and unforeseen events
- Experience in budget construction and monitoring
- Experience in conducting professional interviews
- Capacity to analyse and structure a pay and staff administration process
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Languages: Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
- Kurdish, French or Arabic are assets
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.