Plan International is a girls’ rights organization that partners with adolescents and children around the world to overcome oppression and gender inequality, providing the support and resources that are unique to their needs and the needs of their communities. Working in more than 75 countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan’s holistic, rights-based approach ensures that our project participants achieve their full potential with dignity, opportunity and safety. Our projects are designed in partnership with communities and strategically address systemic issues that often transcend sectors. With extensive local networks and community reach, Plan drives positive change through broad community participation, achieving sustainable results by actively engaging and providing services to individuals, families, communities and governments. Plan International has been working in Senegal since 1982.
Project and Position Description
Plan International is seeking a Program Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Better Lives for Mes Enfants activity in Senegal. The Program Manager will be responsible for the program’s implementation and the coordination of the team’s work. S/He will be in charge of developing the program’s strategy(ies) in collaboration with the project and Plan USNO teams, providing direction to staff and sub-contractors, as well as ensuring the overall success of program activities and deliverables. The Program Manager will also supervise the implementation of program activities, monitor financial management, and validate tools and supports. The Program Manager will serve as the program’s link to the child protection and anti-trafficking ecosystem in Senegal, and will oversee the relationships with USAID, implementing partners, grantees, sub-grantees and other program related partners/activities. S/he will establish links with target stakeholder groups and individuals, and ensure alignment between activities in both target locations. The position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and high-quality delivery of the project: field operations, administration, logistics and procurement;
- Manages, in coordination with the COP, relationships and work with implementing partner organizations, the donor, and various stakeholders;
- Oversees the development of project reports, annual work plans, and other documents as required by USAID and the Government of Senegal (GOS);
- Maintains a working knowledge of project budgets and expenditure, and assists the Finance and Operations Manager to set up and implement appropriate systems for project financials;
- Serves as Acting Chief of Party when the Chief of Party is unavailable; and
- Ensures compliance in reporting to USAID, Plan International, Plan US National Office (USNO), and Government of Senegal counterparts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science or a related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in international development;
- S/he must have demonstrated capabilities in working effectively with local civil society organizations, local government, and community-led organizations;
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more technical areas relevant to the opportunity (e.g., countering trafficking in persons, primary education, community development and mobilization, etc.);
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership in the management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar sized donor-supported programs;
- Skills in management, supervision, and budgeting;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English; communication skills in Wolof or other Senegalese local language preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with local community leaders and non-governmental organizations.
Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY?
This position is opened for all applicants and females’ candidates are highly encouraged to apply. To apply, click on the link below and send your application by May 28th 2021 .
Your application should include :
- A comprehensive cover letter
- A comprehensive and clear CV that includes the contact of three our four of your professional referees, one of whom should be your current employer.