PUI recruits 01 Health Coordinator – Lebanon – Beirut
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : 15/08/2021
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Lebanon
Our mission in Lebanon has been open since 2012. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, protection, food security & livelihoods, and shelter interventions. Furthermore, PUI works on strengthening existing public systems and infrastructure, while also providing direct, emergency support to affected population depending on the local context. Today, the mission is implementing 12 projects.
What about the Health Coordinator Lebanon ?
As Health Coordinator, you will be responsible for the success of the mission’s medical strategy and the quality of current and future medical programmes at the definition, implementation and evaluation phases. You will provide support to programme managers who report to them on the basis of a dotted-line relationship.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategy : Working alongside the Head of Mission and cooperating closely with the Head Office Medical Department, you will contribute to the development of new medical initiatives for the mission. You will carry out epidemiological monitoring for the country and analyse strengths and weaknesses from the point of view of public health.
- Programmes : You will ensure that medical programme(s) are in line with PUI’s health policy and monitor them for quality and efficacy.
- Representation : You will represent the association to partners, authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementing medical programmes.
- Human Resources / Training : You will supervise the medical coordination team (PUI employees), provide support to programme managers for recruiting technical staff and supervise technical training activities on the basis of identified needs.
- Medical and technical monitoring : You will ensure that medical and technical practices respect PUI’s procedures and formats and are in compliance with PUI’s operational framework and policy.
- Logistics and Administration : You will ensure the activities for which you are responsible comply with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Safety : You will contribute to compliance with safety rules within the mission and communicate any safety-related information to the Head of Mission. You will ensure healthcare is provided for expatriate staff involved in the mission.
The challenges that await you :
- Representation of PUI at the highest level of decision-making within the Ministry of Public Health and with other key stakeholders of the health sector 2. Lead the review of all standard operating procedures and activity forms for ongoing and upcoming projects 3. Support the field teams in the implementation of a new model of financing for the primary health care clinics supported by the mission 4. Rationalize the organizational structure of the health department and review roles and responsibilities for key internal processes (eg. reporting) 5. Engage with consortium partners in order to harmonize practices and anticipate the revision of the implementation model
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Medical diploma or a Paramedic training, and completed a Medical Internship. If you got a Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or Project management, it would be an asset.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the field with international NGOs in medical project coordination. A previous experience as Medical Coordinator or in an equivalent position would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master humanitarian project management and team management, you have a detailed knowledge of donors prerequisites. You also have excellent writing skills.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, the ability to make decisions, trustworthiness and a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, ability to be thorough and to adapt. You have a strong ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, Spanish, and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« PUI is recognized as one of the key actors of the (primary) healthcare sector in Lebanon. The “Flat Fee Model” initially developed by PUI is at the heart of the development of a new financing model for the primary health care system which is currently being developed by the MoPH, with the aim of rolling out this new protocol to all health centers in Lebanon within the MoPH’s network. This position will be ideal for public health experts with strong representation capacity in technical coordination fora, as well as the ability to translate technical concepts into operational framework and processes. The health sector is the biggest one on the mission in terms of operational volume, number of projects and staff. Team management skills essential with the direct supervision of more than 10 team members in the Beirut coordination office. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in private accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments?? You feel ready to take up the challenge ?and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.