As a key member of the regional HR team and in close collaboration with the Regional HR Director, this position will provide resourcing service to the region and country teams in compliance with the resourcing strategy and staffing plans and by building collaborative internal and external relationships and networks. This position will increase our talent pool in the WCA regional countries to ensure SCI’s global talent is representative of the communities we serve and is able to responding to the changing needs in the regional programmes.
As Regional Recruitment Lead you will ensure that recruitment policies and procedures are properly designed and implemented in alignment with Save the Children International global resourcing policies and guidelines. The role will implement the best practices to recruit for individuals who are aligned with the organizational culture while ensuring Save the Children International is an employer of choice.
- University degree in Human resources, general management or business administration or a combination of relevant field.
Experience And Skills
- Significant experience of senior recruitment/talent acquisition with good knowledge of the NGO field
- Advanced experience with successful sourcing strategies for globally representative and diverse candidates with good knowledge of social media recruitment, internet searching and applicant tracking systems
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Demonstrated experience in use of Human Resources system and other relevant softwares, knowledge of TALEO will be an added advantage
- Experience in in general HR administration operations role, within an international environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and engagement with diverse teams
- Demonstrated success working well in a team environment while also acting and thinking independently.
- Experience in a multicultural and/or multi-locational environment
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies
- Willingness to travel across West & Central Africa region
- Fluency in English and French
Contract length: 02 years
Work location: Dakar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.