|The US Embassy Dakar recruits 01 Development Assistant Specialist|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||26 Mars 2021|
Description de l’offre
Development Assistant Specialist
• Dakar, Senegal
• Économie & Statistique
• Management – Gestion de Projet
• ONG et Ambassades
US Embassy Dakar
The US Embassy Dakar hiring Development Assistant Specialist.
Salary: 29,275,409 CFA/year
Application deadline: 03/26/2021
The incumbent will develop, implement, and manage a wide range of technical project activities, policy positions, budget and fiscal oversight, program planning, coordination across donors and private sector players in the power sector and other complex issues related to the five-year, $550 million Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Senegal Power Compact between the Governments of the United States and Senegal.
The Compact investment is designed to strengthen the power sector, by increasing reliability and access to electricity and aims to help the Government of Senegal establish a modern and efficient foundation upon which the nation’s power system can grow.
The incumbent is responsible for creating effective working relationships with relevant government officials in Senegal, with MCC Senegal Country Team, the donor community, key stakeholders throughout Senegal, the primary GoS implementing entity (MCA-Senegal II), and other organizations interested in the program.
Experience: A minimum of seven (7) years of work experience related to economic development, strategic planning, program design, budgeting, analysis and reporting to include experience collaborating with GOS agencies and international organizations, local or international NGOs and/or foreign investors is required.
Education: A Master’s degree in economic development, finance, public administration, international trade, business administration, or engineering is required.
Language: Level IV (Fluent) in English both spoken and written and Level IV (Fluent) in French spoken and written is required. (This will be tested).
Skills and abilities
• Must be able to prepare and maintain financial, budgetary, economic, project planning and technical analyses and evaluations.
• Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, plus the ability to develop and engage a broad range of contacts in the public and private sectors as well as within US Embassy and MCC country programs.
• Must have data management and analysis skills, including computer literacy with experience in the design and use of spreadsheets, basic database functions, word processing and project management systems.
• Must have substantial knowledge of the Senegal development context, including GOS national development policies and priorities, constraints to economic growth, and current socioeconomic trends.
• Must have some knowledge of Compact-related sectors (Energy sector, electricity or energy sector reform).
• Must be able to obtain, analyze and evaluate complex material; prepare accurate, factual and analytical reports; and provide objective advice; Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :