UNDP recruits 01 Operations Coordinator/Manager
Under the overall guidance of the RBA Hub Manager in Dakar, and matrix reporting line to the RBA Operations Advisor, the Operations Cooordinator/Manager is responsible for leading, managing and assuring the effective and integrated delivery of agreed business services in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Procurement and Monitoring, for the COs under the Regional Hub portfolio. The Operations Cooordinator/Manager will also be accountable for the quality and timeliness of the team’s advisory and support services rendered to COs in accordance with UNDP regulations and rules and pursuant to the applicable corporate performance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Development and implementation of operational strategies
- Efficient and accurate financial, human resources and procurement management processes
- Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Foster partnerships on operational issues
Ensure development and implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as the liaison with selected Country Offices for planning the operational activites in support of the programme portfolio, with focus on key processes to accelerate delivery.
- Lead the effective design and management of a focused, coherent, cost-effective and high-impact portfolio of operations services; create an effective platform of coordinated delivery.
- Advise COs’ senior management in selected COs on operational issues affecting programme delivery and overall operations;
- Advise senior management on innovative approaches and modalities to achieve development targets including country-level integrated support platforms, business process re-engineering, etc.
- Define priorities in coordination with senior management to develop procurement plans, identifying opportunies for regional/subregional market research, with an aim to generate economies of scales.
- Engage regularly with BMS business partners to define the best strategies for sourcing, people management and financial services.
- Advise COs on the full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP regulations, rules, policies and strategies.
Ensure efficient and accurate Financial Resources Management, strategic Human Resources management, efficient Procurement management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Oversee the financial support, with emphasis in proper planning for the annual programme delivery target.
- Prepare the finance workplan of the unit, consolidating the individual country offices demands and priorities, defining the KPIs to monitor quality service provision.
- Recommend cost recovery strategies, including Direct Project Costs (DPC), services to agencies, etc.
- Oversee the effectiveness of internal controls and guide offices on exception management in direct consultation with the bureau and OFRM, including activites for the continuous scanning, analysis, monitoring and assesment of fraud risks and the implementation of measures to detect, prevent and mitigate such risks.
Human Resources Management
- Oversee HR planning, guiding the preparation of the recruitment strategies.
- Participate in HR panels, desk reviews, evaluation committes, etc, in support to the selected COs.
- Coordinate the HR provision of services in consultation with the Regional HR Business Partner and the Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU).
Procurement and Logistical Services
- Guide the consolidation of the sub-regional procurement plan and related strategies in support of programme delivery targets.
- Advise on the best source strategies to achieve effective results, including economies of scale, considering accelerated delivery measures.
- In general, develop strategies, long term agreements and innovative mechanisms to identify deficiencies, meet and foresee COs needs/demands based on a continued analysis of country and region-wide aggregate results and evolving priorities with client-orientation.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribute to organizational high performance delivery in the Region with focus on more effective knowledge management and learning, as well as the effective use of enabling technologies for innovation and learning in operations management related issues.
- Promote the active use of tools and systems to improve organizational performance, by disseminating and encouraging capacity building and knowledge sharing.
- Organize trainings for the operations/projects staff on all operational areas.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance, HR and Procurement, sharing regular reports to RBA HQ, BMS and Crisis Bureau.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and “communities of practice.”
Ensures partnership building on operational issues with focus on achieving the following results:
- Represent the Hub, as delegated, in relevant management policies discussions, organizational change management initiatives including interaction with CO’s, Regional Teams, HQ units and other Bureaux.
- Contribute, upon request, to management policy design and implementation consultation mechanisms and relevant dialogues at HQ forums.
- Build positive relationships with CO’s and other teams, including Agencies, donors, and government officials to tap into innovative approaches and best practices.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Level 6: Exercises stakeholder-centered design approaches for office / programme / division
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Level 6: Ensures teams are resourced for success and empowered to deliver
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Level 6: Guides substantive specialists / teams and expands credibility and innovation capacity
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Level 6: Creates confidence among stakeholders by delivering authoritative positions, compelling analysis, and contextual acumen
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Level 6: Accepts accountability for the outcomes of programme delivery and facilitates improvement and innovation in the delivery of products and services
- Building Partnerships
- Identifying and building partnerships Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Developing tools and mechanisms Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Assisting the individuals to cope with change Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Designing and implementing management systems Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Client Orientation
- Contributing to positive outcomes for the clients Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
- Promoting Accountability and Results-based Management
- Input to the development of standards and policeis Level 6: Integrate & Empower: Leads integral work of teams utilizing expertise, vision, problem-solving capability, and collaborative energy in professional area of expertise
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree in international development, public administration, business administration, public policy, economics or a related area
- 10 years (depending on the grade) of relevant experience and results in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting;
- 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities of similar size and complexity, experience in crisis setting.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of all functional areas of Operations is required.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.partneragencies.net .