UNFPA recruits 01 Deputy Regional Director
UNFPA is looking for a strong professional who believes in Gender Equality, Rights and Choices for All, who is dynamic, driven for results, articulate, open to new ideas and an enabler of teams.
The Deputy Regional Director post is located in Dakar, covering twenty-three countries in the West & Central Africa Region, and reports directly to the Regional Director. Working within a large and complex region, this position will support the Regional Director as a thought leader, driven to effect change by facilitating strategic engagement in the Regional Office and proactively developing a results-based-culture across the region in order to implement the UNFPA Strategic Plan. The post supports the Director in terms of the day-to-day leadership, programming and representation of the Office in both the Regional and Country Offices.
The position will oversee and coordinate the work of the Programme and Technical Units, whose technical experts advise the country offices on issues pertaining to UNFPA’s global transformative goals in Maternal health, gender-based violence and harmful practices, and family planning, focusing on women, girls, and young people in both humanitarian and development settings. This position will engage with UNFPA Country Offices in support of their partnerships, policy and advocacy and evidence-based programming.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Leadership and Strategic Engagement
- Policy, Partnerships and Advocacy
- Programme Management
- Human Resources and Financial Management
- Carries out any other duties as may be required by the Regional Director and the Office of the Executive Director
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced University Degree in any Social Science field, including Political Science, Public Policy Management, International Relations, International Development, Public Health, Sociology, Demography, Economics, Business Administration or a related field.
- 15 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public policy management and international development.
- Strong track record of leading development and/or humanitarian programmes.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a diverse team of technical and programme specialists to achieve demonstrable results.
- Extensive network within the development community.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French.
- Field experience is essential.
- Previous work in the UN, International Finance Institutions, Government Aid Cooperation agencies or managing non-governmental organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong French language skills.
Closing date: 2 September 2021 – 5:00pm(New York time).
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.unfpa.org .