Wave recruits 01 HR Administrative Assistant
We’re making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That’s for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave. In November 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. In 2019, we expanded to Cote d’Ivoire. Now, we have millions of users and are growing fast. Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent. And that’s where you come in….
How you’ll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an HR Administrative Assistant who’s resourceful, organized, and proactive about getting things done. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and other tasks concerning staff management.
In this role, you’ll
- Maintain the accuracy of data in Bamboo HR
- Prepare and record employment contracts to the labor administration
- Be responsible for registering new employees to our health insurance program
- Be the Wave’s focal point at the social security (CSS) and the retirement authorities (IPRES
- Be responsible for issuing all administrative documents to Wave employees
- Make sure that all relevant vacations be recorded in Bamboo HR
- Create physical folders at the office for each staff
- Deposit all returns
- Location: You’ll work from our office in Dakar
- Work authorization in Senegal required.
- Full-term contract.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We pay 100% of your health care insurance premium cost for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents – we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships, fitness classes, and workout equipment
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 4+ years of experience in human resources or any related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. We value more the experience than the degree so if you’re experienced, just jump in!
- Good knowledge of Senegal labor law
- Fluent is French and an advance or Intermediary level in English
- Strong organization skills
- Good spreadsheet skills
- You might be a good fit if you
- Are data and privacy-conscious
- Can work under tight deadlines and pressure
- Are rigorous and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are very organized with a good sense of prioritization
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Are comfortable with figures and analysis
- Are not afraid to take the initiative or owning a project
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D’Ivoire, Mali, Benin and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world. We’re deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You’ll own your own projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator and Partech Africa.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume plus a cover letter, both written in English, describing your interest in Wave and the role. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date: 23 Février 2022. Postuler