World Vision International recruits 01 People & Culture Associate, WV WARO
Reporting to the Regional people & Culture (Human Resources) Director, this role exists to play the function of P&C manager in the Regional Office, co-ordinates the P&C operations, prepares and follows up on Ourpeople and coordinate staff care within the region.
1. An excellent Regional Office team is planned and resourced for maximum impact
- Monitor the performance Management of Regional staff, ensuring that the process is monitored and documented.
- Assist with the implementation and tracking of strategically aligned KPIs (qualitative and quantitative) that cascade objectives from global to regional to national, linking accountabilities and performance
- Ensure a process is in place for assessing and maintaining high levels of employee engagement
- Support organisational changes in structure, tasks, needed to achieve businesses aims in the Regional Office;
- Maintain up-to-date the Regional Office organizational charts and job descriptions, in collaboration with the Regional P&C Director
- Prepare advertisements and support the International Recruiter in timely and fair recruitment processes coordination for local positions, observing equal opportunity and transparency;
- Work with the WAR Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Employee Relations Specialist in regards to international recruitments in the Regional Office.
- Conduct background/references checks or employment verifications for local staff, in coordination with the WAR Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Employee Relations Specialist.
2. Rights and Responsibilities:
- Staff are aware of their contractual rights and responsibilities in delivering their work for WV WARO in line with the Code of Conduct and other policies
- Writes/revises HR Manual for local staff aligned withlocal labour law and WV policies,ensures that all staff are aware of it and can access it;
- Ensure adherence to HR policy and practices, consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements;
- Manage legal matters related to local staff, including contracts, legal benefits and obligations, final payment calculations and other related matters;
- Prepare contract and completes all needed on-boarding formalities for newly recruited local staff;
- Maintain information and monitor completion of fixed-term contracts and probation periods;
- Coordinate the settling in of new international staff and their families in collaboration with the Administration;
- Coordinate the smooth planning and delivery of induction programs for all new staffs (local and international); Arrange orientation agenda with related departments
4. Reward and Compensation:
- Process timely and with accuracy the payroll for local staff (including tax, social security and other payments mandated by local labor law) and local salary deduction for international staff;
- Submit PAFs for International staff for changes in salary deductions, transportation allowance, change in status, contract end or extension, etc.
- Coordinate the process of salary and benefits review for local staff in the Regional Office
- Responsible for the management of international staff benefits in the regional office under the support and leadership of the Regional P&C Director
5. Responsible for People Measures and Metrics Reporting
- Provide analysis and reporting against progress on metric agreed upon for both the Partnership and the region.
6. Provide other administrative and technical HR services in the Regional Office
- Maintain and keep update personal files of local and international staff;
- Provide administrative documents to staff when required (i.e. certificat/attestation de travail, de congé, domiciliation bancaire, etc.) ;
- Manage Regional Office staff data in WV’s HRIS (OurPeople), update missing data and generate people measures report for the Regional Office;
- Coordinate the proper completion of exit processes for staff leaving the Regional Office (hand over, exit interview: face to face and/or on-line, etc.);
- Prepare and monitor the budget of the Regional P&C Department;
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Criteria for Success
- Up-to-date personal file for local and international staff in the Regional Office
- Well prepared and regularly updated workforce plans available for the Regional Office
- Up-to-date WARO staff data in OurPeople and 100% timely and qualitative reporting of quarterly people measures for the Regional Office
- Effective contracts management (preparation, monitoring and renewal)
- Local payroll processed timely and with accuracy, in line with local labour law requirements
- Availability of updated local pay scales, in accordance with local market and WV Total Rewards philosophy
- Availability of local HR Manual, compliant with local labour law and WV policies
- The Regional Office is in compliance with the Health, Safety and Security standards in the work place, as per the local labour law and WV policies ;
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis is done for the Regional Office at the end of every appraisal cycle ;
- At least 67% of all WARO staff surveyed (Our Voice) believe that all WARO employees are rewarded based on performance regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, etc.; WARO has created an environment where people with diverse backgrounds can succeed;
- The Regional Office is aware of, understands and administers new global people policies;
- Timely preparation and monitoring of P&C Department budget.
What are the primary linkages for this post?
This post holder is expected to work with the Regional P&C Director, other P&C staff in the RO and Regional Office staffs.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or relevant equivalent;
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge of and/or experience across the portfolio desirable as is a generalist HR background. The following specific experience would be beneficial:
- Relevant working experience- At least 3 to 5 years related HR generalist experience;
- Excellent technical knowledge on general HR areas as indicated by the duties above;
- Firsthand experience and knowledge of working in developing country environments and West Africa in particular an advantage;
- Good Organization Design and Workforce Planning experience;
- Good understanding and direct experience of best practice in people management, including recruitment, induction/orientation, performance management, reward and compensation, talent management, etc.
- Good quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Proven ability to work within and strengthen teams, particularly leadership and management teams.
- Project administration experience is an advantage
- Innovative and problem-solving skills and capacity to deliver under pressure; pragmatism; persistence
- Research skills
- Ability to design, conduct and analyze P&C operations processes.
- Training delivery skills
- Strong Cross-Cultural Communication, Facilitation, Coaching and development skills across major cultural areas
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills necessary for effective strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Thrives in a changing environment
- Creative, yet practical in approach
- Excellent writing and presentation skills combined with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicates with enthusiasm and clarity
- Works collaboratively with others
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Good organisational abilities; is able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Delivers results – is focused and goal oriented
- Other Competencies/Attributes:
- Perform other duties as required.
- Fully Fluent: French and English (Bilingual)
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with rare travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required
Applicant Types Accepted: Local applicants Only Postuler