La Grameen Foundation recrute 01 Directeur des services financiers, Sénégal
Consultancy summary: Grameen Foundation USA (Grameen) is seeking a Senegal-based consultant to work on the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded “Promotion de l’Entrepreneuriat et Investissement des Entreprises activity” project in Senegal, as Financial Services Director. The goal of the project is to increase sustainable economic opportunities for youth and women start-up founders, entrepreneurs and formal and/or informal companies to increase investment and create employment that results in positive social impact.
Drawing from significant experience of the financial inclusion, SME and entrepreneurship ecosystems in Senegal, the Financial Services Director (Consultant) will be responsible for providing technical assistance to financial service providers (FSPs), including microfinance and banks in Senegal, to develop innovative financial products to serve youth and women start-ups and entrepreneurs. The Financial Services Director will deliver services to the project, under the supervision of Grameen’s Technology for Development Director and the Africa Regional Director. The Financial Services Director will liaise closely with Winrock’s Deputy Chief of Party and other personnel representing the Project.
This position is conditional upon Grameen receiving funding from USAID/Winrock.
Scope of work
- Build the capacity of financial service providers (FSPs) to develop innovative financing mechanisms tailored to fit the needs based on market segmentation;
- Build the capacity of FSPs to develop women- and youth-centric small and medium enterprise (SME) finance products that utilize digital channels to improve service delivery across a wide range of sectors and geographies;
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Service Providers (BDSPs) and FSPs to develop appropriate products and services that address financing gaps across SME stages in Senegal and to support outreach and skills development activities
- Support the Consultant for SDG Impact Bond in the implementation of the Social Development Impact Bond guarantee mechanism;
- Provide input into the development of research and M&E frameworks and contribute to technical report writing;
- Work closely with Grameen’s Safeguarding Focal Point to ensure the safety of project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Deliverables: Specific deliverables will be defined following further detailed implementation planning.
- A national of Senegal, with a minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least five (5) years in Senegal working to advance access to finance among rural women entrepreneurs (micro, small and medium-sized enterprises);
- Demonstrated expertise developing innovative financing mechanisms or products
- Knowledge of the digital financial services ecosystem in Senegal, preferably have had a prior experience in development of business models, preferably at both the organizational and at the mMSME levels. ;
- Demonstrated experience dealing with multiple stakeholders and partners, including private sector partnerships;
- Bachelor’s degree in management, finance, economics or related fields. Advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) highly preferred;
- A deep commitment to the eradication of poverty;
- Knowledge in MS Office and/or Google products, email, and telecommunication software such as Skype and/or Google Hangouts.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and French.
Additional comment: The above scope of work is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this consultancy.
About Grameen Foundation: Grameen is a global nonprofit whose mission is to enable the poor, especially women, to end poverty and hunger. Grameen uses digital technology and strategic partnerships to develop breakthrough solutions that promote financial inclusion, digital innovations in agriculture, and women’s economic empowerment to bring people the tools and opportunities they need to help themselves. For more information, please visit www.grameenfoundation.org .
Application instructions: Please submit applications to Alfred Yeboah, Africa Regional Director: [email protected] . Please include a resume, cover letter (not more than a page), 2-3 work samples, and confirmation of daily rate.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021