About the Role
myAgro is exploring a poultry package option to help farmers increase their revenue outside of the annual harvest period and to reach more women clients. The poultry associate will manage a poultry package pilot and analyze results to make improvements. You will also work with different teams and external partners to increase the reach of the project. So what kind of person will be successful in this role?
- You love using your creativity to plan and execute projects from the ground up. You are adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and you have a versatile approach to problem-solving. You are enthusiastic about the impact that a well-run project can have on clients.
- You have excellent relationship building skills.You can communicate effectively and build motivation across teams to reach common goals. You can also explain concepts clearly and grasp others’ understandings, which you will use when designing trainings and delivering them to field teams.
- You are comfortable using data to inform decisions and communication, and you are well suited to making difficult decisions in situations that are stressful or time sensitive.
The poultry associate will report to the Director of Agriculture. This is a crucial role to help us with our mission to reach 1 million farmers, with lots of opportunities to innovate and propose solutions to scale up.
- Use existing pilot data to improve poultry package, including incorporating farmer feedback into modifications and finding new suppliers
- Develop tools and training curriculum for project implementation
- Train field teams on implementation of the poultry project initiative and communication to farmers
- Set up measurement and data management systems to inform decisions
- Anticipate obstacles and set up the team to achieve their goals
- Use the insights of the pilot to make improvements and shape the scale up of the poultry package
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- You have 2 years of work experience and significant project management experience.
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- French and English proficiency
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid leave
- Match retirement plan contributions
- Flight benefit
- Laptop and professional development stipends
- the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of regular people everyday.
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty .
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.