myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2026 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Role:
The Public and Private Partnerships Manager will play an important role in an organization-wide team focused on the strategic engagement of governments and non-governmental entities to create the institutional and financial conditions that can sustain and scale myAgro’s model and reach more farmers. This will include working with high-level government officials and policymakers with the goal of raising the profile of myAgro, its senior staff and its expertise.
The Manager will work with senior staff in Senegal and across the organization to identify and engage a large and growing portfolio of government, institutional and non-governmental partners that provide support for myAgro to accomplish our mission. The Manager will report to the Country Director and will work with them to set strategy for specific geographies or thematic programs as part of an overall Partnership Strategy for myAgro Senegal.
- Provide expertise in the field of government engagement with emphasis on Senegal.
- Represent myAgro and work with governmental and executive leaderships and cultivate partnership opportunities.
- Initiate, engage, and maintain strategic partnerships with non-governmental organizations and institutions.
- Develop a partnership strategy for building long-term institutional and financial support networks, and ensure that the plan is communicated to team members, local beneficiaries and partners.
- Maintain knowledge of myAgro’s program work to independently represent us, through written and oral communications, to a wide array of regional and national groups, including government.
- Establish relationships with counterparts in the public and government agencies, and with user groups and representatives of civil society.
- Prepare important myAgro senior staff to be representatives with government partners.
- Oversee organizational risk management on important issues related to political, regulatory and policy trends. Write and share periodic activity reports with government agencies (agriculture, etc.) and authorities.
- Organize and facilitate field visits for government agencies and authorities, and other partners including potential donors.
- Keep a watch on political and governmental news, and press feeds.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Experience and increasing responsibility in government relations, environmental policy and development assistance.
- Knowledge of priorities, trends, and requirements in development assistance, strategic partners, and the policy goals of governments and multi-laterals.
- Experience communicating and navigating the intricacy of the government system and protocol.
- Have a great political sensitivity and understand the political and governmental environment in Senegal.
- Bonus if you have knowledge of the Agricultural and technology sectors in Senegal.
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year – varies slightly according to local labor laws
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.