PUR Projet recruits 01 Coffee Program Manager – Paris, France
Coffee Program Manager
Based in Paris (11th)
Full time position
Start date: September/October 2021
WHO WE ARE
PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR Projet is a mission company and B Corp which employees over 80 people in 14 countries and 9 subsidiary companies around the world.
PUR Projet is recruiting his/her Program Manager Coffee
As part of Food & Beverage team you will report to the Senior Program Manager Coffee and will be in close contact with Project teams at PUR Projet. The successful candidate will directly manage a number of PUR Projet’s coffee clients, with program officers under your responsibility; and in coordination with PUR Projet’s international team of technical experts and field actors.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Program management : together with the program officer, day to day follow-up of projects working closely with the project team on the field; reporting of activities, financial reporting, facilitation of steering committees…
- Business development : upsell of existing clients under your perimeter; support the Senior Program Manager coffee for proposal to prospects.
- Coffee knowledge : conduct research and desk review on standards and certifications, sectoral initiatives, national and international policies, supply chains trends, environmental tools and mechanisms.
- Management : management of one program officer.
You have demonstrated excellent commercial and agro-ecology project management skills in NGOs, consulting firms or the sustainability departments of Food or Beverages companies.
You are passionate about ecosystems protection and social issues, and you want to have a strong impact, this position is for you!
Expériences / Formation
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in relevant fields including but not limited to sustainability, agriculture or international development; specific experience working with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks seen as a plus.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the development, sales and management of international development and ecosystem restoration projects with corporate clients, ideally in coffee or other food commodity (cocoa, palm oil, vanilla…).
- Successful management experience is a plus.
- Any experience related to carbon, climate, agroforestry, social and environmental policy, business development and corporate social responsibility will be seen as an asset, as well as a working experience in coffee producing landscapes.
- Strong desire to commit and dedicate his/her energy to restoring and protecting natural ecosystems and supporting sustainable livelihoods of smallholder farmer communities.
- Professional fluency in English and French. Spanish would be an asset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
Send your CV (before August 2nd) to: [email protected] with the subject “PM Coffee” to request a telephone interview. The final two stages of the recruitment process will be a case study and a team fit test. Please be prepared to have two references, and extra deliverables if possible, available upon request.