PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet employes over 80 people in 14 countries and 9 legal entities around the world.
The Finance function is managed from Paris, and we are opening a legal entity in Ivory Coast.
PUR Projet is expanding its operations in Ivory Coast. To develop its activities, it is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and versatile Finance & Administrative Officer (to be based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast).
The Finance & Administrative Officer
is expected to roll-out financial procedures devised at group level, manage accounts, general ledger and cash-flow of PUR Projet’s entity in Ivory Coast, ensure timely and complete payments to suppliers, vendors and employees, submit tax declaration and ensure compliance with local authorities and improve company tools.
In addition, he/she is also in charge of the administration and financial control of Pur Projet’s activities in Africa.
He/she is supported from external experts / subcontractors, when necessary.
ADMINISTRATION & ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT OF IVORY COAST ENTITY
– Review supplier invoices/receipts and record invoices/receipts in PUR Projet’s accounting system
– Prepare and ensure timely and correct payments to suppliers, follow up client payments and monitor cash flow
– Follow up on general accounting matters, reconcile accounts, administrate the general ledger
– Submit appropriate financial and tax reports to the Ivory Coast administrations (WHT, VAT, Annual financial reports, etc.)
– Secretariat : administrative mails, relations with local administrations, office management (layout & supply)
– Management of the car fleet
– Act as the point of contact with external accountancy firms for the follow-up and control of accounting entries
– Follow up of : employee’s schedules, leaves, sick leaves, medical visit, staff file …
– Consolidation of payroll items (leaves, lunch, transportation bonus, expenses…)
– Control of the payment statement
– Compliance with legal obligations
FINANCIAL CONTROL OF AFRICA REGION
– Coordinate the corporate financial process of costs controlling budget and quarterly financial reporting
– Implementation of a financial analysis & reporting process by project and by partner (monthly)
– Manage and review suppliers’ contracts and purchase orders
– Support the Regional Manager with ad-hoc financial analysis of new or existing projects
– Contribute to improved finance and accounting standards and tools
– Compliance with legal obligations
– Autonomy and proactive participation in the account closing of PUR Projet’s entity in Ivory coast and in the financial control of Pur Projet’s activities in Africa
– Take active part in PUR Projet’s ongoing efforts to improve knowledge management within the company; devise and propose cutting-edge methods to reach financial excellence on a company-wide level
CULTURE & COMMUNITY
– Support a healthy, fun and effective work environment as part of the PUR Projet Team;
– Participate in internal workshops, seminars & social events to help carry PUR Projet’s strong sense of community;
– Demonstrate your individual character, nature and ideology within the company and support others to do the same
Under the functional management of the CFO of the group, the successful candidate will report operationally and on a day-to day basis to the regional manager.
Experience / Training
- Graduated from an international renowned university, having at least a Bachelor degree in Accounting and/ or Finance. A master degree in the aforementioned field is considered a plus.
A minimum of 4 years experience in audits, managing accounts, general ledger, cash-flow and controlling as well as HR topics.
Any experience working with an international SMEs will be seen as a strong asset for this position.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and financial information system software; and comfort with cloud-based data storage applications such as Google Drive. Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to synthesize findings.
- We are seeking for an individual who takes strong responsibility and accountability for his/her work. An individual that is able to recognize roadblack with anticipation, is passionate to take SMEs to the next stage of growth and has outstanding interpersonal skills, which facilitate a smooth coordination with the global Finance & Accounting team.
Location: Ivory Coast, Abidjan.
The successful Candidate might be expected to travel to the offices of the company in Chiang Mai,
Singapore, Paris and/or Toronto.
How to apply
Please, send an email to:
[email protected] with the subject ‘FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME’.
All CVs will be reviewed by the PUR Projet Team. Those candidates shortlisted will receive an email within 2 weeks of submission, to request a telephone interview. The final two stages of the recruitment process will be a case study and a fit team.
Please be prepared to have three references available upon request.