SNV recruits 01 Climate Change Support Consultant
Climate Change Support Consultant
Lusaka, ZambiaContractContract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We aim for premium quality and focus on only three sectors: agriculture, energy and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). With a long-term, local presence in over 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, we know how governments work and how relationships are built. Implementing our mission exclusively through project financing requires us to work efficiently and invest in operational excellence every day. Our team of more than 1,300 staff is the backbone of SNV.
Agriculture; Renewable Energy
As part of the Increasing Climate Resilience in Energy & Agriculture Systems and Entrepreneurship (INCREASE) project:
· to address the major challenge of climate change that farmers, agribusinesses and SMEs are facing, in particular that of women and youth, in the areas of Horticulture, Cotton and Dairy
· to promote integration of renewable sources of energy such as Solar and Biogas energy both for household use and productive use (example for irrigation and cooling).
SNV requires market system analysis from a Support Consultant with excellent climate related knowledge as well as an intimate knowledge of the Zambian context to provide an indepth understanding of how the markets of the three value chain operate in a local, regional and international context and to identify opportunities to turn these challenges around, stabilize supply chains and increase profits and incomes, in Copperbelt, Eastern and Southern provinces.
Specific Requirements Fixed period Contract for 10 days to work in conjunction with the SNV Climate Change Expert and the National Value Chain Expert to ensure the delivery of the following:
1) Literature review, analysis and assessment of the existing market in the target areas and value chains.
2) Field study, data collection (Interviews, Focus Group Discussions), SWOT analysis, with the specific focus on women and youth, to add depth to market analysis of:
· Horticulture in greater Solwezi
· Dairy in Mazabuka / Choma
· Cotton in Petauke / Nyimba
· Operations in Lundazi
3) Field study, data collection (Interviews, Focus Group Discussions), SWOT analysis, with the specific focus on women and youth, to add depth to the market analysis.
Consultant Profile · Proven track record in conducting market system analysis in agriculture value chains, experience or working knowledge in the renewable energy sector desirable
· Good understanding of the agribusiness sector in Zambia
· Previous experience in climate change in a Zambian and international context
· Experience in data collection (informant interviews and Focus Group Discussions) and analysis
· Experience in financial projections
· Proficiency in English and relevant local languages
· Self-motivated and able to work closely as a team
Expression of Interest Interested and suitable Consultants to respond to the above before 09 July 2021.
For more information on SNV please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org