Expression of Interest ICT SERVICE PROVIDER
Contract type: Consultancy contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization headquartered in the Netherlands. SNV has been involved in the development sector since 1965. Its core business involves working with local partners to provide technical expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Agriculture and Renewable Energy sectors. To achieve impact at scale, SNV through its programmatic approach works with local partners to build around a strategic framework of local and international priorities ensuring a shared understanding of the required change is embraced and roles are defined with governments, private sector and civil society. Within these programs, SNV implements various projects across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
SNV is inviting eligible and reputable Firms to submit offers for the provision of software and hardware support in ICT for the year 2022, with a probability of continuation after that. The Service Provider will be required to provide engineer-level ICT Staff for onsite support for 1 day a week through one staff on duty at SNV Lusaka and Kasama offices during working hours and remote support outside the 1 day a week onsite support for urgent issues.
SNV Zambia operates ICT office equipment in Lusaka, Kasama, Kabwe, Mazabuka and Katete. The Service Provider will therefore ensure, in collaboration with all users, that the ICT Office and other user operations continue to function systematically and smoothly with a minimum loss of user time or inconvenience due to breakdowns, malfunctions, or other problems. The Service Provider will therefore steer preventive and corrective maintenance of all SNV ICT equipment in all SNV offices.
Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the organization’s systems, including:
• general user support
• software installations and management
• server set up and management
• maintenance of all ICT equipment and infrastructure
• Setup of CMDB
• printer maintenance
• audio/video conferencing
• disaster recovery
• periodic security vulnerability assessments
Network and Security management
• Internet availability and reliability, working with ISP to make sure that Internet services are working well and properly managed.
• Ensuring faulty machines under warranty are delivered to and also picked from the warranty Centre after repair work is done.
• Performing of weekly site visits to assess the status of user machines and fix any arising incidents and provide reports thereof.
The Service Provider will provide the following services to achieve the goals as stated above.
• Efficiency and Operational Excellence
• Risk Management & Information Security
• Data Management
Communication and reporting obligations
The contractor shall provide SNV with quarterly Activity report at the end of every quarter. The report may cover such aspects like progress made in provision of services, identification of unforeseen areas of concern, delays in provision of the services, causes of such delays and proposed measures to correct the causes.
The Consultant must have the following qualifications and experience:
1. A proven track record of professionalism and ethical conduct to be verified by traceable referees.
2. Relevant technical knowledge, skills in Computer Hardware, Windows Servers OS, Networking and firewalls.
3. Experience in providing related assignments and excellent track record of completion of tasks according to timelines.
4. Experience with international NGOs (added advantage)
5. Excellent reporting and writing skills with experience in assignments of a similar nature.
6. Detailed profiles of dedicated team for the assignment
7. Registered firm proving compliance of company registration and compliance with all statutory requirements for a registered company/firm operating in Zambia.
Send your expression of interest/ proposal/ capacity statement and budget to SNV to include;
· Description of your understanding of the role of your firm as Service Provider
· Summary of your experience as Service Provider in a similar capacity
· Outline the methodology you will use to deliver the said services
· The cost of delivering the services including but not limited to transport, accommodation fees etc.
· Copies of Curriculum Vitae including two references (including one from the latest client or employer).
Expression of Interest
Only registered Consultancy Companies who meet the Profile requirements above are invited to submit their Applications, Technical & Financial proposal to
with the subject reference of “ICT SERVICE PROVIDER” before 15th October 2021.
All information required to submit your Application is detailed above and only Candidates that meet the above mentioned requirements and are selected for consideration will be contacted on completion of the advertising process.