Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Grants & Communications Coordinator*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) has been engaged in the Syria Response since 2013 working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. We seek to improve the access of persons affected by the Syria crisis to quality life-saving and life sustaining humanitarian assistance and strengthened basic services including protection services, whilst building on their inherent capacities and facilitating access to livelihoods opportunities, in order to reach our objective to improve their well-being and resilience. Since then, WHH has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meet humanitarian needs in Turkey and cross border into Northwest Syria. WHH Syria Response includes cash based interventions, food security, WASH, shelter and NFI services, protection, social cohesion, early recovery, and livelihood.
As Grants & Communications Coordinator you will ensure continued strong relationships with current donors (German Federal Foreign Office, BMZ, GIZ, ECHO, and OCHA pool funding) through a structured approach to grants management, enabling quality & timely reporting, and donor compliance.???? In conjunction with the Heads of Programme for Turkey, Syria and Lebanon and the Head of MEAL you will coordinate the development of new projects and contribute to extend the donor portfolio through ensuring high quality proposals, based on evidence and learning, with clear TOC and conflict, environment and gender sensitive approach. The role includes line management of the grants, partner and communication units.
- Manage the Grants Unit to ensure smooth functioning and synergy across the Country Programmes in the Syria Response in terms of reporting and developing evidence based programme design
- Ensure that grant management systems are in place using adequate tracking tools and orientation of staff to support effective grant compliance
- Line manage the Reporting Assistant to produce quality and timely donor reports
- Lead proposal development and liaise with current and potential future donors in consultation with the Heads of Programme, Head of MEAL, Head Office Units and the Country Director
- Map donor landscape and provide strong analysis of relevant calls
- Develop strategies that can improve grant administration/acquisition processes
- Engagement in the annual planning and country strategy development processes
- Ensure all departments have relevant information on donor compliance at the relevant stages of the program cycle
- Line manage the Programme Officer responsible for Partner Coordination to ensure a uniform approach to partner contracting and capacity development across the Syria Response
- Line manage the Communication Unit to ensure visibility and produce content to increase awareness about WHH’s work and impact in the region and offer content to donors and interviews to the German press
- University or polytechnical degree in Communications, International Development, Rural Development, Journalism, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Social Sciences or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in grants management, ideally in the Syria response or region
- Robust experience in programme design, proposal development, Theory of Change, donor reporting, work-plan and budget development
- Experience with major donors (EU, ECHO, BMZ, GIZ, German Federal Foreign Office, KFW, BPRM, BHA, UN Organizations)
- Experience in leading country programme strategy processes is an advantage
- Experience of working with both partner and direct implementation is an advantage
- Experience with designing visibility and producing content for donors and communications
- Proven success in grant acquisition and institutional donor relations
- Exposure to food security, protection, livelihoods and agriculture sectors in large migrant responses is an advantage
- Knowledge of the German press and experinence with giving interviews is an advantage
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to project areas
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills; German, Turkish and/or Arabic language skills are an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits” .
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 1, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
* Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.