The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kassala , Sudan.
As Head of Project – Resilience Programme, you will ensure the successful implementation of projects within Welthungerhilfe’s Resilience Programme in Eastern Sudan in compliance with Welthungerhilfe standards and donor requirements. Through your work you will help realizing the project’s objectives, which are in particular to maintain human dignity of refugees in Kassala and Gedaref and vulnerable members of host communities in times of crisis, to ensure access to safe and adequate shelter for the affected population, to improve food and nutrition security and access to safe drinking water and to further develop sanitation facilities and local hygiene knowledge.
- Managing diverse project staff, budgets and project resources
- Ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe and donor policies and standards
- Ensuring that projects run smoothly and activities are completed within budget and on time
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, Logistics, Finance administration etc.)
- Producing well accurate and high-quality reports on a monthly, quarterly and bi-annual basis for internal and donor audiences
- Liaising with all relevant stakeholders, including government, UN, other NGO’s and community representatives
- Participating in sectoral coordination meetings within the project locations
- Maintaining high quality delivery standards, ensuring professionalism and ethical conduct at all times
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas related to development/humanitarian studies, food and nutrition security or agriculture
- At least 2 years of job-related experience in project management, preferably in the region
- Practice and experience in conducting assessments, compiling work specifications, initiating tendering procedures and managing relationships with stakeholders
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: WASH, food and nutrition security, humanitarian and resilience programming
- Experience and knowledge of implementing projects funded by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs (AA) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) will be an added advantage
- Strong planning skills and a high level of mental and physical resilience, including readiness to travel to remote areas
- Excellent spoken and written English, Arabic and/or German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits” .
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 13, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
* Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.