World Food Programme recrute 02 Truck Driver
World Food Programme
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Truck Driver SC3 (147164)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title : Truck Driver – SC3
No. Position/s : 2 (Two)
VA No.: 147164
Date of Issue : 23August 2021 Deadline : 06 September 2021
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC3)
Unit / Division : UN World Food Programme Malawi Country Office
Duty Station : Lilongwe, Malawi
Duration : 1 Year with possibility of extension
ABOUT WFP The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty. For its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
Malawi is a small landlocked country in Southern Africa. With a population expanding rapidly at 3 percent per year and the majority of livelihoods dependent on agriculture, the population is highly vulnerable to the effects of climate-related disasters. Poverty is experienced by most rural families, with those headed by women suffering the most. Relying on small parcels of densely cultivated land for their livelihoods, rural Malawians are highly affected by climate change. Episodes of drought as well as severe flooding are increasing in frequency, intensity and unpredictability, giving the most vulnerable households inadequate time to recover.
Malawi’s challenges are also compounded by high rates of HIV infection (at 9.6 percent), low primary school completion rate (at 51 percent) and chronic under-nutrition (at 37 percent for children under 5). WFP continues to partner with the government, other UN agencies, NGOs, civil society and the private sector to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030, with a particular emphasis on reaching Zero Hunger (SDG 2), addressing structural drivers of hunger wherever possible.
JOB PURPOSE Under the direct supervision of the Fleet Assistant or Logistics Associate/Assistant and the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will provide eficient and safe transportation of authorised personnel and/commodities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1. Maintain safety procedures and ensure security of personnel & cargo while driving WFP vehicles at all times;2. and responsible for efficient performance of duties especially in relation to driving, maintenance of assigned vehicle and its regular checkups;3. Report to Fleet Assistant or Logistics Associate/Assistant any mechanical malfunction of the truck/light vehicle and ensure it is professionally attended to;4. Follow up with the technicians/mechanics and make sure that any vehicle service is done correctly and keep records of service mileage and other jobs done on the vehicle5. Accurately fill-in logbook/trip sheets of the assigned truck/light vehicle and have it certified by the Fleet Assistant or Logistics Associate/Assistant after each trip;6. Supporting with minor truck/loght repair tasks, such as tyre changing, greasing and tightening of body fasteners after every trip;7. Ensure assigned vehicle is kept clean and the tarpaulins and canopies are in good condition at all times;8. Ensure that instructions are followed correctly, that goods carried on the assigned vehicle are delivered safely to the destinations and that the vehicle is returned in good working condition.
9. Ensure that unauthorized cargo is not transported on the vehicles. All loads must be authorized by the Fleet Assistant or Logistics Associate/Assistant and approved by the Logistics Officer, in writing;
10. Make sure that all fuel receipts, waybills and other trip records are surrendered to the Fleet Management System (FMS) focal person for immediate data entry and keep records and files accordingly.
11. Ensure fuel consumption of the assigned vehicle is within acceptable limits;
12. Immediately report all vehicle accidents following the established rules and regulations and seek guidance and facilitate the acquisition of Police reports and ensuring all documentation is submitted and copies kept for future reference.
13. Assist with ad hoc logistics tasks including (but not limited to) deployment and decommisioing of mobile storage units
14. Operate the folklifts and/or other workshop/warehouse equipment in a safe way.
15. Draft travel plans and prepare vehicle loading authorities against allocated loading instructions and forward for clearance to Fleet Assistant or Logistics Associate/Assistant.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education : Completion of Malawi Secondary School Education (MSCE ).
Formal drivers training ( a must):
Possession of a valid truck driver’s license/certification ;Possession of valid Defensive driving Ceritifcate and;
Language : Fluencyin wrtitten and spoken English
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES Purpose
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives. • Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor. • Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities. • Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills. • Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences. • Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches. • Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient. • Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility. • Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks. • Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit. • Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals. • Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field. • Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS Clossing date for receiving applications is 06 September 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service. POSTULER