MSF recruits 01 Medical Information & Knowledge Management Officer (m/f/x)
The medical department is facing to exponential growing of information and knowledge, at the Head Quarter’s level in the peripheric units linked to it, as well as in the field. This important volume of knowledge is produced, collected and shared through a multitude of tools, platforms and projects and that make it partially or not well used in the decision-making process.
The projects in the medical department belonging to the information and knowledge management sphere are several, such as: Knowledge base, Record management, Taxonomy, Community of practice, Editing, Induction/onboarding and Learning, and the new intranet. Moreover, all these projects are linked or collaborate with other departments and initiatives inside MSF (learning & Development, ICT, OCB Intranet, Data and record management, etc.).
In collaboration and under the supervision of the strategic advisor, the Information and Knowledge Management (IKM) Officer provides strategic support for all activities related to the IKM project and the different projects imbedded. This includes program management support, development support of specific pillars in the IKM, communication and liaison, as well as defining strategies to ensure visibility and understanding of the IKM and ensure access by all the members of MSF (Field, Head Quarters, Operations etc.) through appropriated tools and Information systems.
The IKM Officer has a collaborative interaction with the ICT department, the Learning and development unit and the Medical stakeholders in the Operational Cells and the field projects.
The IKM Officer is an active member of the IKM circle in the Medical Department.
He/she has transversal links with key stakeholders about IKM Steering Committee in OCB and the IKM focal persons in the other operational centers.
- Supports the organization & management of the different IKM projects
- Support making the roadmap, business cases
- Keep progress/milestones/results updated of the different IKM projects
- Organize and participate to meetings of IKM circle and of the different relevant groups related to IKM
Participate to the development of SOP, tools in different IKM projects:
- Management & organization of teams
- Access management rules
- Support user’s consultation, feedback exercises and surveys.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of the IKM projects and priorities:
Support defining the Med information architecture
Contribute constructing Med department & medical identity page
Contribute to defining the different medical and operational topics
Contribute constructing Med Topic pages in the knowledge base
Contribute to the construction of transversal pages
Support development of procedures for validation/uploading content in intranet
Support revision of the “welcome” pack
Support organisation and construction of the different modules, including the IKM induction module
- Knowledge capture & creation:
Propose a definition for the processes and roles/responsibilities
Support content needs for intranet; Example: Tips/help/tools (identification & development
Support edition/lay out
- Records management
Liaise and collaborate with the MIO records management on the health records management policy & guidelines dissemination and implementation
- Communication and coaching:
- Support information & communication strategies for the Medical Department
- Support the guidance around Information Management for the fields
- Information/ dissemination
- Support strategies for deployment of essential documents.
- Support to the dissemination of MED IKM tools (including record management, file-naming, use of SIILO, one-password…)
- Liaison :
- Liaise with the intranet team and the ICT team to propose opportunities to improve the data archiving system and propose solutions
- Participate to the IKM steering committee meetings
- Liaise with Learning & Development unit, Medical Academy, Tembo, other OCB IKM Projects
Expériences / Formation
- Academic background in Information and Knowledge management is a must
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Information and Knowledge management
- Relevant experience in project and change management and in the use of tools and software packages
- Field experience within the humanitarian world (organisation) is an asset
- Computer skills: proficiency in O365, MS Office Suite, good knowledge of information diffusion platforms (CMS, social media…)
- Excellent french/english writting
- Advanced communication skills
- Demonstrate creativity and the use of communication tools and practicies
- Demonstrated leadership in developing a team-oriented approach, collaborative environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly and respond to changing work situations and priorities
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
- Expected starting date: 24/01/2022
- Contract type: 6 months short term contract
- Location: based in Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 15/01/2022
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] until 15/01/2022 and mention “ IKM Officer ” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants .