Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including Projects & IT Office.
- Manage and prioritize the strategic and tactical demand together with the Head of Applications Unit according to the IT strategic plan and MSF OCBA priorities to ensure that demand is aligned with both, business and IT and to guarantee transparency, accountability and compliance with the rules of MSF OCBA.
- Maximize and extend the use of existing MSF OCBA applications and new solutions for ERPs management according to the MSF’s principles and values, the strategic planning and the annual planning to enhance productivity of the tools available.
- Identify areas of improvements in the existing processes of the organization when monitoring and reviewing them seeking to ensure the continuous improvement of the business processes and their supporting solutions.
The ERP Solutions Manager will work within the Projects & IT Office team, and s/he will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Head of Applications Unit.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Act as a tactical communication link between the DG, Finance, Human Resources and Supply Departments to enhance productivity of the ERPs applications, ensuring the understanding of their key problems and processes in order to help their optimization and anticipate risks and possible improvements.
- Assist in prioritizing strategic demand together with the Head of Applications Unit ensuring that demand is aligned with both, MSF OCBA and Projects & IT Office.
- Ensure Projects & IT investments, assets and capabilities yield real value. This means taking a proactive role in helping the Departments and Field Managers in educating the staff, suppressing demand for low value activities while stimulating demand for high value activities.
- Account for a successful prioritization of tactical demand of ERPs applications (demand requests, changes and problems) by providing understanding of information, data and document flows.
- Help and evaluate Projects & IT Office project objectives and analyse new department initiatives.
- Monitor the Departments and Field satisfaction and facilitate continuous improvement in the business partner experience with Projects & IT Office.
- Coordinate external service providers to guarantee the system works and incidences are solved seeking to guarantee access to information.
- Monitor the compliance of contractually agreed terms with the outsourcer upon KPIs and SLAs.
- Monitor and share the status of work in progress and/or issues of the various ERP solutions under his/her responsibility to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage, support and coordinate the maintenance of the various ERP systems under his/her responsibility to guarantee they work correctly.
- Contribute to the sharing of knowledge to the organization in the areas under his/her responsibility
- Define, implement and keep OCBA’s data and information standards, together with their owners in order to guarantee their integration, use and proper interconnection internally, locally and internationally.
- Monitor and enhance that cross-cutting work with the Departments and business processes are properly dealt with to find the most efficient solutions.
- Identify and design improvements to the processes or systems in the Departments, their integration and transversality together with the people in charge to help improve their efficacy and achieve their objectives, in the responsibilities of the area.
- Analyse and monitor the development of the processes and procedures defined based on the improvement, monitoring and follow-up plans approved by the Management Team to help fulfil the principles of efficacy, integration and quality.
- Coordinate training to users about new solutions and procedures implemented by the area to guarantee procedures are fulfilled and applications are efficiently used.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure and Service Desk, Field IT, Information Security and New Solutions & Architecture in the technical definition and the selection of the solution that best suits OCBA needs.
- Participate in international projects and coordinate local deployment processes for the solutions defined in them.
- Provide support to investigate innovation and new solutions along with the Departments and the functions (HQ and Field).
- Ensure that procedures lifecycle of applications both logically and in different physical environments (development, integration, production) is followed.
- Coordinate the activities and manage a team of up to 5 technicians.
- Manage small and medium size projects related to ERP solutions, from their conceptual design and business case to their deployment and closure.
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Expériences / Formation
- Academic Background: Computer Sciences, Electrical, Telecommunications or Engineering, Business Administration and Management, Economics or similar.
- Fluent in English. Spanish and French desirable.
- 4 years’ experience in team management within a multinational and multicultural setting.
- 4 years’ experience in projects to improve business processes and implementation of information systems.
- 4 years’ experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
- Experience with project management frameworks.
- Experience with services management.
- Experience in managing technology providers.
- Good command of one of the solutions in the team portfolio, and good understanding of the whole portfolio: SAP solutions (with state-of-the-art, new solutions in SAP portfolio being an asset), Planning and Budgeting solutions (SAP BPC), custom-developed solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies: PMBOK, Agile, PRINCE2.
- Good command of Microsoft Office and/or Open Office, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Intranet based on MS Sharepoint, Office 365.
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems and the architectural framework TOGAF is an asset.
- Knowledge about mobile solutions is an asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People Management and Development
- Communications Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA hub (Barcelona, MSF–Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi)
- Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years
- Full time job
- Salary: HQ-4A according to MSF-OCBA salary grid plus secondary benefits based on the MSF-OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: immediately
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please follow the link below and submit your CV and cover letter
- Closing date: December 8 th , 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)