|ActionAid recruits 01 Business Development Manager|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||02 Mars 2021|
Description de l’offre
Business Development Manager, Senegal
• Dakar, Senegal
• ONG et Ambassades
• Santé & Social
ActionAid hiring Business Development Manager, Senegal.
Who we are?
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972.
We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice.
Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
ActionAid Senegal is part of the AA International and started working in Senegal in the year 2000, focusing on three of Senegal’s 15 regions (Fatick, Tambacounda and Kedougou) covering 160 communities.
ActionAid is a federation for global justice working for social justice, gender equality and eradication of poverty. In Senegal, ActionAid works to strengthen the capacity and action of people living in poverty and exclusion, especially women, to argue their rights.
We work with communities, grassroots organizations, women’s movements, peasant movements, other social movements, groups and networks and other allies to overcome causes and consequences of poverty and injustice.
We link the work we do at the Community level to much greater efforts and fighting at national level and to make a great contribution to a fair, equitable and sustainable world.
Summary of role
The holder of the position shall be responsible for coordinating efforts to generate additional resources (all types of fundraising products including sponsorship) for the CP, Strengthening relationships with donors and facilitating linkages between country program, international partnership development team, funding affiliates and AAI secretariat to deliver on the Senegal CSP, and for leading the implementation of ActionAid fundraising strategy and operational plan at national and international levels. She/He plays a leading role supporting country capacity to access and increase institutional income.
She/He provides oversight of: programme led funding approaches; multi-country programme opportunities; and developing tools for proposal development through capacity building for AAS team and partners.
As a senior manager, she/he actively contributes to team and directorates objectives through decision making and action on planning, budgeting, policy engagement monitoring and reporting.
In addition, the person will work closely with programme team and all the resources which exist internally and externally.
The person will manage all donor contract requirements with the Finance & Compliance Manager for the Country Programme.
Key accountabilities / Responsibilities
Resource Mobilization Strategy and Operations Development
• Help countries catalyse funding (locally led, and international) through business development support, leading to better donor engagement and positioning, and high-quality restricted fund proposals.
• Explore and diversify funding sources for ActionAid Senegal.
• Lead the resource mobilisation committee and be the point of contact for fundraising activities in AAS;
• Develop CP resource mobilisation strategy aligned to Country Strategy Paper and AAI global strategy;
• Regularly review and update risk matrix related to fundraising and contracts management;
• Research on possible funding sources and evaluate their suitability for partnership with the CP in terms of program, political and capacity fit;
Funding Proposal Development
• Build relationships with possible consortium partners – initiate and organize initial meetings,
• Identify funding opportunities, coordinate and support the development of proposals and concept notes for fundraising;
• Review proposals and concept notes success rate and propose alternatives to address reasons for failure;
• Build, track and report on internal capacity for fundraising toward AAS staff;
• Provide monthly updates on the status of proposals and concept notes.
Donor contract management and funds tracking
• Be part of the negotiation of the donor contracts and MOUs with Funding Affiliates and donors in line with ALPS (Accountability Learning and Planning System) and IPD (Institutional and Philanthropic Donors) strategy;
• Support AAS in cultivating relationships with key institutional donors who operate and set their priorities with a regional perspective.
• Develop, update and maintain a project tracking and contract management tools;
• Monitor and report on donor fund flow, utilization and reporting;
• Conduct bi-monthly (1 in 2 months) contract management meetings to harmonize donor fund flow, utilization, accountability and contracts management;
• Contribute to, implement and maintain the CP inputs into the contract management information and donor intelligence system on the SharePoint;
• Maintain and update donor communications on project status and or changes.
• Support AAS staff in carrying out contract management quality assurance role in line with policy and procedures of donors, identifying compliance risks and recommending mitigation actions.
• Collaborate with relevant Units to inform the development of an effective Monitory and Evaluation (M&E) system to help with optimum accountability to donors.
Sponsorship Strategy implementation, monitoring & knowledge management
• Enforce and monitor compliance of sponsorship performance targets to global standards as per sponsorship policies, communication plans and fundraising policies and strategies;
• Interpret, share sponsorship trend analysis and guide CMT on compliance with sponsorship rules and policies accordingly, in relation with the Child Sponsorship Advisor;
• Solicit and share learning on sponsorship performance in liaison with sponsorship colleagues from other CPs, share and learn from their sponsorship performances;
• Support Sponsorship Unit to organize and document periodic reflections on sponsorship performance in the CP for shared learning and improved accountability to all stakeholders involved in sponsorship;
• Initiate and support feasibility assessment on viability of raising regular giving income locally.
• Define key sponsorship and fundraising information requirements of stakeholders and develop mechanisms for periodic provision of this information;
• Represent the organization/Unit in various department-related knowledge sharing and learning forums, document and share feedback with the team;
• Champion and track the use of Fundraising/Sponsorship-related knowledge in the CP and amongst its partners;
• Track trends in contemporary fundraising and sponsorship management practices, document and provide advice/ recommendations on key developments to the CP Management.
• Set up an enabling environment to encourage staff productivity, innovation and performance (e.g. facilities, equipment, duty facilitation, team building etc.);
• Review staff performance and competence, recommending and/or acting on areas for improvement, management action, approving relevant training and development initiatives;
• Set up an enabling working environment that promotes staff motivation and integrity in line with the department’s goals and strategic objectives.
• Set objectives with relevant team members and conduct timely performance reviews in a professional manner.
Education & Certifications
• A Bachelor degree in Development studies or Social sciences from a recognized institution
• A relevant post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• At least seven (7) years relevant experience, of which three years must be in a management position from a reputable organization, preferably an INGO.
• Experience in program management, business development and grants management, Training, coaching and mentoring
• Good understanding of current Partnership, Fundraising, Campaign and sponsorship communication issues.
• In depth knowledge of current debates and thinking on Development themes, Media, Communication etc…
• Good contacts and relationships with Civil Society, Media, NGOs, Government and movements.
• Knowledge of international and regional instruments, structures, and organizations used for promotion and protection of Partnership, Fundraising, Campaign and Sponsorship.
• Communication, writing and editing skills.
• Computer skills in relevant applications.
• Strategic management and Communication planning
• Donor intelligence
• Documentation, reporting, Materials development & Publishing
• Funding proposal development
• Donor contract management
• Staff capacity development
• Communication and public relations
• Resource Mobilization and Monitoring
• Networking and collaboration
• People management skills
• Understanding Finance Management skills
• Communication monitoring & evaluation
• Contract Management System
• Child sponsorship management
• Leadership and management
• Strategic thinking
• Analysis and report writing
• Presentation, communications, and negotiation
• Networking, influencing and interpersonal
• Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Uses effective strategies to facilitate organization change initiatives by involving others, listening and building commitment.
• Prefers quick and appropriate actions in many management situations.
Building Collaborative Relationships
• Builds productive working relationships with co-workers and external parties, whilst valuing people of different backgrounds, cultures and demographics.
If you meet the requirements, send your Resume, motivation or cover letter no later than March, 2nd 2021.
You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role indicating which position you are applying for.
Due to high volume of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants.
ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community, especially from women.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
If you meet the requirements, send your Resume, motivation or cover letter to [email protected] or to ActionAid Senegal, B.P: 45780 Dakar-Fann 67, Ouest Foire Cité SAGEF 1, Phone: +221 33 859 07 82 Dakar Senegal no later than March, 2nd 2021. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role indicating which position you are applying for.