Regional Category Manager
Last application date: 3/10/2021
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
• An exciting new opportunity for personal and professional development. You can be assured of a positive and diverse work environment where new ideas are always welcome!
• A great opportunity for a continued career path within the wider Procurement community in Maersk globally.
• Within our own and the larger procurement team, you will enjoy support from colleagues and management who possess extensive experience in sourcing, cost management and the Maersk business
• In terms of personal development, this position polishes your ability to deliver results through internal and external stakeholders, which in this case are varied and complex through networking and interaction with colleagues across the globe as well as local/regional/global vendors
• Execution of category strategies that are aligned to Global Category strategies. Execution will include regional sourcing strategy execution, supplier negotiations, sourcing events and contract implementation.
• Manage regional supplier relationships, execute joint collaborative Innovative initiatives, and monitor supplier contract negotiations.
• Primary owner of the relationship with regional and local terminal stakeholders
• Collaborate on strategies with Global Category Manager. Bring in Business and Regional Insights into Strategy. Work closely with fellow regional Category Managers.
• Responsible for creating transparency to leverage our volumes across APMT, secure efficient demand management, share best practices and ensure minimum compliance standards.
• Develop and manage internal and external partnerships by demonstrating strong leadership, project management, analytical, and communication skills.
• Collect voice of customers in the regions and identify opportunities for regional cross-leverage in close alignment with global Asset Category Management and Technical team .
• Support Supply Chain Procurement initiatives.
• Regional supplier development .
• Regional system and data integrity
We are looking for
• 5 years’ or more experience in procurement.
• Strategic mindset, holistic picture, proactiveness and willingness to challenge status quo.
• Ability to work with ambiguity and navigate through regional cross-functional and cross-geographical complexities, with strong result orientation.
• You are a highly result-driven and solution-focused individual with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
• Ability to balance both short- and long-term orientation for the business.
• Good knowledge of regional business challenges and supplier landscape.
• Basic knowledge of terminal asset and operations.
• High-level understanding of Life Cycle Management categories and challenges.
• Strong project management skills.
• Solid analytical and presentation skills.
• Supply-chain and ERP system know-how.
• Good legal and contracting knowledge.