Asmae recruits 01 Projects Assistant (Fixed-term contract – Egyptian Labour Law)
1- ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. It is independent, non-religious, non-political, and open to everyone.
Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps on respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on education and child protection.
Its vision, “ A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society ” , is broken down into four missions:
- Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account;
- Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact;
- Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
- Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and child protection projects in 5 countries and manages a mother and childcare center in France. In Egypt, Asmae is currently implementing “Promoting Youth Participation, Inclusion and Protection with a focus on youth with disabilities” (YPIP Project)
Project funded by the French Agency of Development (AFD) in which Asmae supports 2 local Egyptian’ associations, who are providing rehabilitation services to youth with disabilities. This project is part of a global program that Asmae is implementing in its five countries of intervention: “Youth as an agent of change”. The project has started in January 2021 for 3 years.
Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo with five main personnel members for the present time: Country Director, one Senior Project Officer, one Administrative and Financial Officer, one National Office Assistant and an office boy. In 2021 the Technical Advisor for Inclusive Education will be on board at Asmae for 15 months fixed-term contract, and the Technical Advisor for Child Protection will be hired in 2022, for 15 months.
- GENERAL OVERVIEW OF POSITION / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Job Title: Projects Assistant
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Line Manager: Senior Project Officer
Persons to Manage : N/A
Dotted line functional relationships:
- Country Office: Administrative and Finance Officer, Technical Advisors, National Office Assistant
- Head Office: Education & Protection Technical Advisor
The Project Assistant will be primarily responsible for supporting the Project Senior Officer in ensuring timely and quality implementation of the planned activities in the field. She/he will be responsible for leading on several administration, financial, and technical documentation tasks. This post will require working in close coordination with relevant stakeholders and 2 partners NGOs on the level of Greater Cairo.
The Project Assistant follows the local security and safety rules and procedures and participates to the security context analysis.
- RESPONSIBILITIES :
4.1. Operational Project Management:
Partner’s operational work and support:
- Follow up and support the project partners in monthly activities planning and implementation;
- Support the partners in encouraging a strong and effective Youth Participation approach in the project activities;
- Ensure communication and coordination with the relevant authorities (like the Ministry of Education, NCCM) and with other programs to ensure that the project services are well combined with other services for the beneficiaries of the project;
- Contribute in developing the project plan in coordination with other team members.
- Support project Senior Officer in monitoring the daily activities are implemented in accordance to the approved Plan of Action developed in timely manner and in line with the project budget.
- Responsible for the project logistics, administrative and financial tasks (e.g.: facilitate logistically and administratively trainings and workshops, travel and per-diems of beneficiaries and staff, advances requests and settlements…etc).
- Provide guidance and support during the field activities as necessary and provide practical solutions to any operational challenges,
- Regularly update the project Senior Officer on progress, obstacles and developments; and proactively suggest improvements to plans if necessary.
- Support in the induction of new hired employees at the partner NGOs to include Asmae history, strategy, and current projects.
- Any other tasks requested by the SPO or CR.
4.2 Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Support the Senior Officer in compiling concise quantitative and qualitative indicators for the project and partner field reports on monthly basis.
- Monitoring interventions with partners and community organizations;
- Update the project database on monthly basis;
- Assist the partners’ staff with the collection of high quality data for M&E;
- Participate in the project’s assessment tasks as needed.
- Assist in writing monthly reports, field reports as needed.
- Conduct follow up field visits to project targeted groups and partners.
- Support the partners in managing an effective filing system, related to AFD project;
- Support the partners in collecting testimonies and success stories from the project beneficiaries,
4.2. Budget Management of Projects :
- Support SPO in carrying out financial and administrative monitoring of partners, together with the Administration and Finance Officer.
- Keep tracking of project monthly expenditures through offline tracker.
- Contributes to preparations for, and support the Administration and Finance Officer in financial audits with the support of SPO.
4.3. Contribution to project procurement in coordination with partners NGOs and Asmae Country Office :
- Participate in the procurement of goods and services for partners project activities
- Ensure that partner NGOs follows the rules and regulations of procurement as set by Asmae Administration and Financial Manual.
- Participate in project procurement selection committee for goods and services.
- Support Asmae National Office Assistant in project procurement tasks as needed.
4.4. Contribution to the development of National Office activities :
- Contributes to facilitation of team meetings
- Organizes and participates in monitoring missions undertaken by headquarters
- Represents the organization at meetings and in other activities with partners.
- Contributes to the development of communication tools and awareness materials.
Education / Experience
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in social studies, administration or in development related fields.
- Minimum of three years of successful relevant experience in project implementation with international NGO (preferably in the education, protection, youth sectors)
- Experience working with youth and children with disabilities is preferable.
- Strong communication skills
- Good reporting skills (field reporting experience is needed).
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving and for offering support to partners.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently as well as cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in Arabic and good command working knowledge of English required
- Proven knowledge and skills in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Good training, facilitation and strong networking skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel program.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Well organized with strong time-management skills
- Excellent team-work abilities
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and set priorities.
- PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Duration: 6 months – renewable upon satisfactory performance
Starting date: November 1st, 2021
End date: April 30 th , 2022
Contract: Egyptian fixed–term contract (Full time job)
Monthly Gross Salary : 10,000 up-to 11,000 EGP Gross
How to APPLY?
Candidates should send their CV (not more than 4 pages long) along with a cover letter in English Language , showing the persons motivation and expertise to [email protected] with the Subject: “Projects Assistant 09-2021 ” no later than September 11th, 2021 before 5:00 PM
Closing Date : September 11 th 2021
Applications received after this deadline will be disregarded