AZA Finance recruits 01 Assistant Payment Manager
AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. Launched in Nairobi, we now have offices in Nigeria, Ghana, United Kingdom, Senegal, Spain, Uganda and South Africa.
The Manager, Payments will be responsible for managing the payments team ensuring daily payment operations . You will support the Sales and trading team which are based in Kenya and Nigeria, however the operations cover multiple time zones and locations (Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa along with counter parties in Europe and the US). This is an exciting opportunity to help Africa’s leading digital currency start-up build a brand in East and West Africa.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding payment issues
- Work with payment providers, customer service, and finance department to research customer payment issue such as missing payments, invalid account details, or discrepancies
- Verify customer payments and provide proof of payments
- Release and help queue payments in various portals (BP website, bank platforms, payment processors)
- Work with the trader and customer service team to process customer transactions
- Manage the statement of accounts process for MTO clients
- Provide support to customer support
- Confirm payment request and process according to policies
- Approve payments for customer transactions and treasury trades
- Verify deposits across all our bank partnerships
- Produce cash flow projections for float management
- Recommend cash management strategies to help optimize float
- Assist with reconciliation research
- Work closely with the accounting department to resolve reconciliation issues
- Work closely with the data analyst and trader to maintain transaction data integrity
Bank Account & Payment provider Administration:
- Provide transaction documentation to our multiple bank partners
- Help open new bank accounts including documentation submission
- Help optimize treasury system through banking and payment partners
- Provide monthly information to compliance teams for regulatory reporting
- Help optimize payment reporting to compliance teams monthly
- University Degree
- Deep experience in trading and treasury, ideally Foreign Exchange
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Highly detail oriented and analytical
- Fluent in French and English
- A competitive salary.
- Great work-life balance
- Stellar team across the world
- Casual work environment
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as little paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth & development for all our employees
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA Finance does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date : 16 February 2022. Postuler