AZA Finances recruits 01 Payment Operations Associate
Aza is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, TransferZero and BFX, Aza is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. TransferZero is our B2B2C product, which provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API. BFX is our B2B over-the-counter platform for businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, Aza is a market-maker in every major African currency. Launched in Nairobi, BitPesa now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
The Payment Operations Associate is responsible for customer payments, cash reconciliation, assisting with trade confirmations, basic accounting tasks, and ad hoc projects. Supports the Finance and Trading team with issues related to payments.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding payment issues
- Work with payment providers, customer service, and finance department to research customer payment issue such as missing payments, invalid account details, or discrepancies
- Verify customer payments and provide proof of payments
- Queue payments in various portals (BP website, bank platforms, payment processors)
- Work with the trader and customer service team to process customer transactions
- Maintain a statement of accounts for MTO clients
- Provide support to customer support
- Confirm payment request and process according to policies
- Approve payments for customer transactions and treasury trades
- Verify deposits across all our bank partnerships
- Produce cash flow projections for float management
- Recommend cash management strategies to help optimize float
- Assist with reconciliation research
- Work closely with the accounting department to resolve reconciliation issues
- Work closely with the data analyst and trader to maintain transaction data integrity
Bank Account & Payment provider Administration:
- Provide transaction documentation to our multiple bank partners
- Help open new bank accounts including documentation submission
- Help optimize treasury system through banking and payment partners
- The applicant should possess a University degree
- Have at least 3 years of experience of working in an accounting, finance or Treasury Back Office environment.
- Should be particularly good at handling reports and all the relevant data and information.
- Should have excellent communication skills and should be able to convey all the important data received from the front end to the back end.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self starter.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast past environment
- Numerical, good attention to detail, flexible.
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date : 15 February 2022. Postuler