Dalberg recruits 01 Senior Executive
Who are we?
Dalberg Research provides research and analysis that offers clients actionable solutions to their problems. We are a full-service research agency answering questions about markets, consumers, and lifestyles across more than 30 African countries via quantitative and qualitative studies. We specialize in the inventory, collection, and analysis of primary research data for businesses, NGOs, governments, and other institutions. Our services range from survey design to data collection and analysis of findings in both Anglo and Francophone regions. Dalberg Research is part of the global Dalberg Group. We are going through a period of exciting growth and change – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for colleagues who share in our ambition and our mission. We also love learning from each other and are continuously looking for people who bring a new set of experiences and backgrounds to our team.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Executive based in Senegal to join our Location Analytics (LOCAN) team. Reporting to the LOCAN Manager, the successful candidate will be our GIS specialist tasked with the implementation of the assigned facets of the Location Analytics (LOCAN) projects. The successful candidate will efficiently and effectively coordinate projects, resources, track the logistics of projects, and deliver high quality results for our clients.
You will be an active member of the internal team, contributing to internal knowledge sharing, best practice development and team engagement. While the role will be based in Dakar, Senegal, it is a diverse role and will require frequent interaction and support of our clients in global locations. The role may also have some travel requirements. This is a great opportunity to use your existing project management and GIS technical skills, while growing your capabilities within a rapidly expanding company.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver output quality by implementing exemplary quality control processes through project execution aimed at exceeding customer expectations in liaison with the LOCAN and Project Manager.
- Perform complex data analysis using ArcGIS, QGIS, and other computer software to solve complex spatial and relational queries Administer compensation and benefit plans in LOCAN.
- Design and develop LOCAN SOPs to ensure that projects have a fully documented scope of work, procedures, and summaries.
- Draw data and develop project reports of desired quality by ensuring the application of credible methodology/tools and techniques in all workstreams.
- Manage data archives to ensure data quality through data validation checks, sourced or generated for the LOCAN database.
- Participate in LOCAN concept development to support competitive proposal development.
- Keep up to date with new technologies and encourage the professional growth and development of staff in LOCAN emerging areas of spatial and information technology.
- Prepare and conduct presentations and represent the team at conferences and meetings.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems that require regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Should drive innovative techniques of large and small-scale projects in LOCAN.
- Proactively identify possible risks and their causes; works with the team to identify solutions; selects and implements the most appropriate solution.
- Responsible for leading 1 large and 1-2 smaller workstreams. Engage internal and external parties on technical response needs and take accountability for work output.
- Develop R/Python scripts for specialized image and vector research applications, this can include machine (deep) learning algorithms, where necessary.
Minimum qualifications, experience and knowledge requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Surveying, GIS or related subjects.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in delivering GIS related projects.
- GIS training; and excellent, technical understanding and working knowledge of GIS methods, software and Data Science.
- Project management experience including timeline planning, documentation, personnel, and technical resources, stakeholder engagement, QA/QC, and preparation of deliverables.
- Strong command of written and spoken French and English.
- ICT Savvy with a good command of Microsoft office tools, data handling and processing applications, presentation, and internet.
- ArcGIS Online or Portal to support web apps, story maps, Collector and Survey 123 field data collection projects, and publishing data to the public using Esri Open Data.
- Good understanding of remote sensing techniques and software.
- Non-Esri web mapping and data publishing tools including CARTO or Mapbox.
- Knowledge of using APIs and database connections for analysis in ArcGIS, ArcPro, CARTO, MS Business Intelligence or BI Pro, and -R.
Skills and key competencies
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills with good research and reporting skills.
- Evidence of writing skills (both past evidence and practical on writing on a topic) and technical writing experience (reports and proposal writing).
- Team supervisory skills: the ability to inspire, direct and review the work of staff with strong GIS technical skills and insights.
- Ability to conduct requirements gathering, interpret needs, and design solutions and manage expectations.
- Collaboration skills: ability to adapt quickly between technical and non-technical teams to accomplish shared goals and objectives on time.
- High accuracy and attention to detail factoring every piece that might alter the validity of data.
- Ability to provide gainful insights and pragmatic solutions to Dalberg Research clients with a bias towards action and resolving issues quickly.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide clarity to staff and stakeholders – some of whom may have very low to very high ranges of technical expertise.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and coordinating efforts of different project teams.
- Natural ability to get along with people and establish strong and meaningful relationships with others.
- Unquestionable integrity, culturally aware and respectful – curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate.
- You must also be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in and commitment to the field.
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to impact the communities and geographies we serve. Our team encompasses professionals with diverse skills. You will learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our objectives, clients, and markets we serve.
How to apply
- This opportunity is in Dakar.
- Please submit your application at our Career Center by April 30, 2021 at 11:59 ET.
- Your application should include a resume and cover letter submitted in English.
- No hard copies of applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date : 30 April 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com .