DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Head of Finance (HoF) for the DCA programme in Central Africa Republic (CAR). This is a non-family position.
The Head of Finance (HoF) will be based at the DCA main office in Bangui, CAR, with regular travel to DCA field locations.
Program activities include: vouchers (for food), seeds and tools distribution, cash for work, NFIs distribution, risk education, armed violence reduction, income generating activities, psychosocial support, capacity building of national civil society organizations for their implication in security sector reform, social cohesion and peace.
Donors include: DANIDA, DERF, European Union (EU), Echo, CAR Humanitarian Fund (UNOCHA), French Embassy (CIAA), UNICEF, FAO, etc. Discussions are ongoing with other donors.
DCA in CAR works in close collaboration and partnership with partners (local and national NGOs) and authorities at national and local levels.
The programme has in total 6 international staff and approximately 45 national staff for the time being.
DCA has 6 offices in CAR (Bangui, Bouar, Paoua, Markounda, Bambari and Ippy) and 4 guest houses in Bangui.
DCA owns 3 vehicles and 10 motorbikes (and occasionally use rented cars and motorbikes).
The HoF is overall responsible for budget, finances, accounting, human resources (HR) and administration aspects in the programme and reports to the Country Director (CD).
The HoF is responsible for capacity building of the national staff within the Finance, HR and Administration unit in terms of skills, compliance with the DCA HRMA Handbook and finance manuals, procedures and systems.
The HoF ensures day-to-day supervision and management of the Finance staff and human resources (HR) and administration staff and is responsible for the completion of annual job performance reviews and staff capacity building plans. The HoF takes the lead in the recruitment and induction of the national staff and is responsible for the development/update of job descriptions for the staff.
The Head of Finance (HoF) is the focal point for budget development and donor reporting.
Main technical tasks and responsibilities include
- Develop budgets for various donors in close collaboration with colleagues in HQ Finance Unit
- Monitor the project budgets, monitor that expenditures are in line with the project budgets as well as DCA and donor requirements; and spent in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organise regular meeting on expenditures against budget (BFU meeting, etc) and send alert to managers and the CD
- Ensure timely DCA and donor reporting in line with contractual obligations.
- Responsible for certifying and authorizing payments, expenditures and disbursements, entering all transactions into the ERP system, Maconomy, and that the supporting documents are filed according to internal procedures.
- Ensure all spending is in accordance with the DCA and donor requirements, and all relevant files for documentation are created, updated and maintained.
- Prepare all documentation required for audits, focal point for audits
- Monitor that DCA and donor policies, procedures and guidelines are strictly adhered to and that DCA operates in compliance with local laws.
- Support and capacity building of DCA staff and DCA partners.
- Ensure all national staff have valid contracts, updated and signed Terms of Reference, and have received sufficient induction and training; based on their position and needs; This includes trainings on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of conduct and Anti-corruption;
- Ensure that staff disciplinary actions are executed in accordance with DCA Staff policies and local labour laws.
- Oversight recruitment of national staff.
- Ensure relevant induction of staff into DCA finance, HR and admin policies and procedures.
- Manage expat leave and R&R cycles and balances.
- Ensure all staff and beneficiary data and other relevant documents are kept in a confidential manner and not shared outside the organization.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the CD with overall resource planning for the projects and monthly reporting all aspects of Finance, HR and Admin.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain appropriate standards, best practices and procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead of time registration
- Efficiently lead staff within finance, HR and administration units.
- Manage and coordinate all finance, HR and admin tasks and ensure that the support units effectively meet the needs of operational staff to deliver high quality assistance to beneficiaries.
- Capacity building of local staff and partner organizations, including undertake capacity assessments, design and undertake capacity building and coaching for national staff and partner organization staff in areas such as financial management, procurement and logistics, administration, good governance and management of accountability and transparency;
- Contribute to a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization.
- Maintain effective working relationship with other members of the programme.
- Represent DCA in any relevant Working Groups and coordination bodies.
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit.
Experience / Training
- Degree in a field related to finance, accounting, business administration and management.
- At least 3 years previous experience working with an INGO in the field of financial management (international experience is an asset).
- At least 3 years of HR management experience.
- Proven skills in training, mentoring and capacity building of national staff.
- Ability to coordinate several projects from different donors simultaneously and often in hectic settings.
- Ability to evaluate data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decision, attention to details
- Ability to fit well within a small and big teams.
- Fluent spoken and written French. English is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems; accounting software, management software, budget tracking software
- Experience in remote documentation, monitoring and management.
- Willingness to undertake field travel when needed
- 12 months contract starting from June 1, 2020, with possibility for renewal.
- A competitive salary package based on experience level, R&R, 30 days of annual leave.
- Medical and accident insurances as per industry standards.
- An opportunity to make a difference addressing humanitarian needs in a challenging environment.
How to apply
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only online applications consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
For further information please visit our website, http://www.danchurchaid.org
Apply Here : Please submit your application in English (CV and motivation letter) and note that only on-line applications will be accepted: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies/head-of-finance-for-car . Applications must be uploaded by May 31, 2020. Interviews will be held gradually as we receive the CVs and cover letter.