|EnCompass LLC recruits 01 Finance Administrator|
Description de l’offre
Job Location: Dakar, Senegal, Senegal
-Experience (in Years)
Full Time : Job Type
EnCompass seeks Finance Administrator candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) support activity to be based in Dakar, Senegal.
This anticipated, five-year project will provide USAID/Senegal with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Senegal, local organizations, and potentially the Government of Senegal.
The Finance Administrator will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will be responsible for the financial, administrative, and logistical aspects of the project, as well as the day-to-day management of the EnCompass project field office located in Senegal.
The position will be full-time and be based in Dakar.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares vendor and payroll tax forms and ensure these are submitted the proper authorities in a timely manner
• Prepares and submits monthly reconciliation reports for review
• Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
• Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements
• Ensures completeness, accuracy, and full compliance of backup documentation prior to processing/posting of any financial transactions
• Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
• Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with the Senegalese Tax Code; activity internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with EnCompass policies, USAID rules/regulations, and the terms of the contract
• Initiates wire requests for field activity implementation as required
• Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy
• Verifies accuracy of expenses, and activity accounting codes
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances. Inform/take immediate actions if there are any discrepancies or potential concerns
• Compiles backup documentation for all activity related transactions and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented
• Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
• Ensures that taxes are paid, tracked, recorded, and reported to Senegalese tax authorities and USAID
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree an asset
Experience and Skills
• Minimum of two (2) years five (5) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
• Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
• Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
• Knowledge of applicable Senegalese laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required
• Familiar with QuickBooks
• Senegalese National preferred
• High-level of working proficiency in both English and French; competencies in local language(s) an asset
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of