I MMAP recruits 01 Senior MENA Analyst
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Scope of Work
iMMAP will implement an ECHO funded project for a period of 7 months initially and with perspective of extension. The project is structured in 3 components: 1.Return Context Monitoring in Syria, 2.Covid-19 Coordination in North East Syria and 3. Mine Action coordination in North East Syria. The Senior MENA Analyst will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team to provide in-depth quantitative and qualitative analytical support to the Returns Context Monitoring component. The RCM component aims at providing community and regional level contextual understanding of the dynamics affecting returns for Syrian IDPs and refugees. Roles may include, but are not limited to, conducting research interviews, Arabic and English language desk research, analysis of local stakeholders and governance structures, and conducting follow-up research with field staff. The position will be expected to coordinate project activities, deliverables, and reporting with the project manager. The position will report to the Project Manager.
Description of Duties
The Sr MENA Analyst will primarily be involved in coordinating research activities, conducting research, analysis and report writing based upon the needs of the RCM component. The position will contribute to research design and representation of the RCM component in various fora, as agreed with the Project Manager. Roles include:
- Collaborate with the project manager in the development of project planning for the RCM component
- Provide regular inputs to the Project manager on technical aspects that could affect the project expenditures
- Provide regular inputs to the Project manager on any challenges that could affect the project delivery and contribute to the identification of mitigation measures
- Overseeing regular research activities and directly coordinating with the project manager and Research and Analysis Unit, providing technical expertise and contextual understanding as needed;
- Contribute to research design, methodological development and strategic planning for the project.
- Provide high quality research and analysis to the team enabling evidence-based representation from the field and ensure documentation is supported;
- Utilize both open source research and key informant interviews to look into cross-sectoral issues in the region as needed;
- Capacity to articulately and comprehensively present research findings both in organized events and ad hoc meetings as needed;
- Work closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection, visualization, imagery and GIS; and,
- Coordinate the technical component of the RCM, including for data collection.
- Contribute to Requests for Information from partners and donors, as needed.
- Participate to meetings with the donor as requested by the project manager
- Participate to regular project coordination meetings
- Any other task identified by the Project Manager, as needed.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security Advisor.
Chain of command
- He/She will work under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Degrees in international relations, international law, political science or related field;
- Proven experience (4+ years) in reporting on conflict and analysis in the MENA region;
- Experience managing small- to mid-sized research teams, including remote management of field teams;
- In-depth knowledge of political, cultural, and humanitarian context of Syria and surrounding region;
- Experience with contextual and predictive analysis based on quantitative and qualitative findings;
- Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently;
- Understanding of and/or proficiency in KoBo, GIS software, and/or Power BI an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required;
- Fluency in English speaking and writing required. Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic required.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/200