|IOM recruits 01 Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – P2|
Description de l’offre
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Policy and Liaison Officer, the technical guidance and support of Office of the Inspector General (OIG), the successful candidate will oversee the monitoring and evaluation aspects of IOM activities, programmes and projects in
the region and assist in their relevant and effective implementation, in particular in line with the expectations of IOM’s donors and Member States on monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
The incumbent will support regional efforts on Knowledge management as well.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Contribute to the development of standardized M&E tools and ensure their application within the region, in particular mechanisms required to carry out the three levels of “rolling analysis” country, programme and project, and fully utilized in all the geographic areas of implementation.
2. Assist in the dissemination of relevant information to IOM project managers and M&E project
officers in country offices on both quantitative and qualitative monitoring aspects and for evaluation of programme/project activities, including their impact.
3. In partnership and coordination with the Regional Specialists, Project Endorsement Team and
Country Offices and in line with the Regional Action Plan and mission specific strategies, provide relevant M&E information and assistance in the development of projects in particular in order to meet the mandatory requirements on M&E as set out by both IOM and donors.
4. Contribute to the development of standardized communication protocols and information-sharing tools, in coordination with programme management, field teams and programme partners, to facilitate improved information sharing between all programme participants and stakeholders.
5. In line with the annual monitoring and evaluation plans, conduct mid-term and final internal evaluations, support the development of Terms of References for external evaluations, and assist in the selection and contracting of relevant consultants.
6. Document monitoring and evaluation trends and activities on a geographic or thematic level.
7. Review M&E plans regularly and ensure their pertinence to programme goals and objectives.
8. Review monitoring reports of country offices, and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and necessary corrective actions. As needed undertake visits to the field in coordination with project managers to support implementation of M&E and to identify
where adaptations/corrections might be needed.
9. Ensure proper information flow with country offices and sharing of the outputs/outcomes of M&E findings with relevant stakeholders; facilitate discussions of monitoring data in appropriate forums in a timely fashion, also in terms of lessons learning and implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps.
10. Assist in the development of broader regional reports as required and in coordination with senior management to be used for internal and external communications materials, highlighting
IOM programming outcome and impact across the thematic areas and when applicable, to specific sub-regions.
11. Draft and review monitoring reports at the project activity level in the region to be shared with relevant stakeholders, including an analysis of the compliance to the Regional and country strategies. Coordinate with the Project Managers and Public Information Unit (PI) with regards
to dissemination of lessons and to utilization of the outputs of M&E regional reports and findings in PI materials.
12. Assist in identifying, contracting and monitoring external organizations/firms that are sub-contracted to implement surveys and studies required for monitoring Programmes/projects’ performance, outcomes and impacts. Draft Terms of Reference for monitoring sub contractors when relevant and related contracts.
13. Design and organize regular training sessions and on the job training to project staff in the region in order to:
a. promote adherence to agreed standards of implementation;
b. create greater awareness of reporting requirements;
c. encourage widespread use of appropriate data collection methods; and
d. gather feedback regarding the effectiveness of these methods.
14. Participate in monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned/organized by external
partners and donors and facilitate access to M&E data to relevant stakeholders.
15. Support the region’s knowledge management through the following:
a. collect and review existing documentation (knowledge products) within the Regional Office and the IOM country missions, such as research, discussion papers, regional reports, projects or movements databases, toolkits and guidelines, as they relate to IOM’s specific thematic topics;
b. categorize the knowledge products to facilitate access to them, including entering their information into a Knowledge Product Repository system;
c. inform RO and CO staff about the status of the Knowledge Product Repository.
16. Participate in regional level M&E related Networks, Working Groups, meetings and conferences, in consultation with the Regional Director to promote IOM’s M&E work and participate in M&E coordination in view of the new era of One UN, the SDGs, UN Network on Migration/GCM and other global/regional interagency initiatives and learn new trends,
methodologies and best practices useful for strengthening M&E.
17. Keep abreast of internal MEAL and RBM developments to facilitate compliance with processes and strategies such as the Institutional Questionnaire (IQ), IOM global M&E strategy,
Strategic Results Framework (following IOM Global Vision), regional M&E planning tools and PRIMA-for-all standards, ensure the efficient follow up of the PRIMA focal points’ tasks, and support the PRIMA dispatcher functions at regional level.
18. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in project implementation and management, preferably in the field of research, monitoring and/or evaluation;
• Proven experience in: the logical framework approach, RBM and other strategic planning approaches; M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); implementation of M&E systems and plans; training in M&E development and implementation; information analysis and report writing.
• Effective analytical skills and demonstrated managerial and organizational ability are required;
• Proven ability to work in a team and with counterparts at different levels;
• Knowledge of MS office is a must and advanced statistical skills including knowledge of database packages an advantage;
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly and accurately;
• Knowledge and understanding of the migration issues in the region is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working
knowledge of local languages is a distinct advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Submit your application to the following address :