L’OIM recrute 01 responsable régional du suivi et de l’évaluation de la MOC (poste national)
- Reference : ROWCA-HR-21-257-SVN
- Duty station: Dakar, Sénégal
- Classification: National Officers, Grade NO-A
- Type of appointment: Special short term, 6 months with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are welcome from internal and external candidates, particularly qualified female candidates. For this vacancy, applications from qualified and eligible internal candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible external candidates in the selection process.
The European Union (EU) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) have developed the Joint Initiative for Migrant Protection and Reintegration in Africa (hereinafter “Joint Initiative”). Implemented in 13 countries (Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal and The Gambia) and in the Regional Office in Dakar through 14 specific actions, it aims to protect the security, dignity and rights of migrants along this important and dangerous migration route and to help improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach.
This will be achieved through different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, assistance for voluntary return, support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin, the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants, potential migrants and communities, and the collection of data on migration flows. The Initiative will aim at strengthening the technical and material capacities of the authorities and organizations involved in these areas so that they can ultimately take over policies and programmes related to the protection and reintegration of migrants in the region, with a view to improving the governance of migration in the region.
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Programme Coordination Officer and under the direct supervision of the JI Regional M&E Officer, the successful candidate will assist in the management and implementation of all coordinated evaluations in the region and ensure effective oversight and technical support at national and regional levels are provided. The candidate will also assist relevant entities in the implementation of any other external/internal evaluations related to the Joint Initiative, including donor-led evaluations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- In close consultation and coordination with the JI RO M&E Officer, assist in the coordination with country offices of the planning, implementation and follow-up of all the IOM-led monitoring and evaluation exercises under the Joint Initiative (reintegration evaluation and final evaluations);
- Assist in the planning of any additional internal evaluation related to the Joint Initiative that may be foreseen;
- Support the JI M&E Officer to act as regional focal point for external evaluations and third-party monitoring contracted by the donor and provide guidance and support to countries as necessary;
- Support the Coordination Unit in its liaison with the donor on monitoring and evaluation and provide timely updates to the management.
- Assist in the development of TORs for evaluations and when necessary coordinate the Calls for Proposals to hire consultants to support the implementation of evaluation. Liaise with relevant units/offices to ensure recruitment and deployment of the consultants;
- Assist in the organisation of the documentation review and interviews to be conducted by evaluation teams, ensuring all relevant stakeholders are included in the sessions;
- Contribute to the development of a set of monitoring and evaluation tools for a harmonized approach of JI EU-TF M&E activities, as well as to the review of data collection tools and methodologies agreed upon with the respective COs.
- Monitor and help to implement strong feedback loops to promote program learning
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation processes follow the intended timeframe and assist in the solving of any bottlenecks that may result in delays in the activities’ timeframes;
- Ensure that the M&E teams and the COs adhere to IOM’s M&E standards and provide technical support to the country offices to correctly interpret and implement these standards;
- Ensure that evaluations address any performance monitoring requirements agreed upon with the donor and that all deliverables (inception report, final draft report and final report) meet IOM’s standards and donor requirements;
- Assist in the development of quality assurance processes for the evaluations, by establishing for instance a technical review committee or a management steering committee;
- Work with the Country Offices to develop Learning, Dissemination & Knowledge Management Plans for the evaluations’ findings;
- Carry out field visits to Country Offices as needed to monitor the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Assist with responding to requests for information from the third-party monitoring firm(s) contracted by the donor;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Social Research Methods, Data Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Two or more years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience coordinating M&E activities;
- Expert knowledge of MS office and advanced data science and/or statistical skills including knowledge of database management, statistical and project management software is a strong advantage;
Knowledge of qualitative as well as quantitative evaluation methods;
Experience disseminating findings and transferring evaluation results into actions
- Proven experience in data management, analysis and reporting in a humanitarian or development context;
Data visualization skills an advantage;
Experience conducting trainings and developing capacity building activities to support country office teams is an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of the migration issues in the region is an advantage;
- Previous work experience in similar EU-funded initiatives is an asset.
- Fluency in French and working knowledge of English is required.
- Fluency in English is an advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested internal and external candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to [email protected] indicating position applied on the subject line: « ROWCA-HR-21-257**, Names of the applicant**»**.
For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV, function email address and mobile number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 13-Oct-21