Executive Assistant to the Africa Ocean Customer Logistics Head
Last application date: 1/10/2021
The best executive assistants are more than just assistants. For Maersk Africa Ocean Customer Logistics, the Executive Assistant Role is an integral role supporting the Africa OCL Head, participant on the OCL leadership team and plays an important role with the broader organization in mind. With this comes added responsibility, exciting pressure, and expert-level skills application.
This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. If this comes as a relevant, exciting and challenging opportunity for you, please read further down and we would be happy to have your application.
We are on a landmark journey to simplify trade for our customers within Africa Ocean Customer Logistics. You will have the chance to understand and learn the strategies and priorities of Africa OCL.
Working at a high pace, an agile working environment will keep you continuously learning and developing.
You will be joining a diverse, talented organization that is passionate about being there for customers and for one another.
The global reach of Maersk also means that you will interact with colleagues all over the world and get exposure to our different areas of work.
Working day starts with ensuring all meeting papers and agendas for the Africa OCL Head are in place, getting updates on projects the Executive or Leadership Team oversees and following up at multiple levels in our company’s business.
Administrative Duties: Manage executive schedule/calendar, take memos, drafting letters and documents, routing correspondence etc
Travel management: Arrange travel, accommodations, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed.
Inventory Management: Maintains MD office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies
Event Planning: Plan, organize and implement events, such as meetings, business luncheons, client dinners or special projects.
Reporting, Meeting facilitation and Presentation: Sourcing relevant data, analysing data, Preparing and reviewing documents; producing reports and presentations as required; LT meeting facilitation
Information management: Conserves executive’s time by reading, preparing information and researching for executive needs. Provide basic company information.
We are looking for
– Min. 5 years’ C-Suite PA experience
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma
– Ability to apply Big Picture Thinking
– Communication skills: Demonstrate the ability to speak and write in a sharp, succinct and positive manner that creates a good image of our company
– Detail Oriented: The relevant little things really matter
– Emotional Intelligence: Being emotionally intelligent, for an executive assistant, doesn’t mean to be polite and friendly to people. It means to show strength in any strategic and challenging moment that may occur
– The ability to multitask in an organized manner and staying organized in a fast-paced environment
– Possess a strong confidentiality and trust background
– Technology skills: Be one of the most tech savvy people in the building. In addition to the usual professional tools like Microsoft Office (non-negotiable expertise: Excel, PowerPoint, Word; Publisher) demonstrate proficiency in the myriad systems, apps, plugins that Executives use to do their jobs and other administrative computer programs.