Maersk Line recruits 01 Senior HSE Business Partner
Cape Town, South Africa
Transports et logistique
Senior HSE Business Partner – Africa
MaerskCape Town, South AfricaHealth/Safety/Security/Environment/Quality Last application date: 10 Jan 2022
Opportunity Do you want to join a team where we innovate and collaborate globally across APMM to design a new future?
We pioneer new ways of thinking and working to drive a safer and more resilient future, we need exceptional people for this unique adventure, are you ready?
We offer Reporting to the Head of Global HSE Terminals and Logistics this role is a trusted collaborator and internal consultant to Regional, Area Leadership and HSE Area team in:
• Developing Regional HSE leadership and engagement relationships, systems and structures to drive improvement.
• Support the effective integration of Commit and the HSE Strategy/Annual Improvement Plan;
• Building HSE capability and high value HSE Teams;
• Coaching leaders to demonstrate the behavior’s required to implement breakthrough HSE objectives;
The role also leads/participates in Global & Regional Improvement Projects including the communication, sharing and implementation of outcomes across their areas of responsibility.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
COE: Functional Leadership:While not a primary responsibility, the Senior HSE Business Partner is required based on request from the Head of Global HSE Terminals and Logistics to actively engage in developments and/or review of HSE related standards, processes or metrics and support Global oversight activities etc. supporting colleagues working in the HSE COE function.
Functional/Regional Leadership • Is the key HSE business partner for Regional Leadership, building engagement, understanding and collaborative ways of working that drive a positive HSE agenda across the Region.
• Supports Regional Leadership to develop and promote a HSE Improvement plan aligned to global priorities, COMMIT and local critical risks• Provides Global/Regional performance and risk insights bringing HSE initiatives, performance, and compliance
Driving organizational HSE capability and high value HSE Teams • Functional lead for Area/Terminal HSE recruitment and talent development and mentoring related to technical expertise and leadership capability
• Functional Performance Management of HSE
Coach Operational and Leadership teams: • Provide high quality coaching to Regional, Area and/or Terminal Operational and Leadership teams
• Provide HSE content for inclusion in Regional Leadership communications/townhalls/leadership events – content to align with Global comms plan and agreed with Head of Global HSE Terminals and Logistics.
Global HSE Improvement Projects /Significant Incident Response & Oversight • Lead/Participate in Global HSE Improvement projects as designated by the Head of Global HSE Terminals & Logistics
• Support/participate in Regional HSE Improvement projects – participation agreed with Head of Global HSE Terminals & Logistics• Lead/support significant incident response and oversight activities as designated by Head of Global HSE Terminals & Logistics
We are looking for The ideal candidate will have Diploma or Equivalent in HSE discipline combined with 5 years+ experience at a senior level.
Furthermore, you have: • Strong coaching, negotiation, influencing, written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
• Ability to work independently and within a virtual team
• Excellent group and process facilitation skills
You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage people at the same time as you have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
You need to be fluent in English verbally and written – a second language desirable. POSTULER