Mastercard Foundation recruits 01 Finance Partner
About Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
The work at the foundation
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Finance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Regional Head of Finance & Accounting, the role will be partnering the Programs teams in the management of the end-to-end financial processes as pertains to large and complex programs within a single territory (from Roadmap development to Deliver) to ensure that the programs are adequately funded, and the funding is being utilized to deliver the intended outcomes. The role also partners the programs teams to ensure that the foundation assets are safeguarded against financial risks as well as ensuring regulatory compliance within our programming approach as part of first line defense.
The successful candidate will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Ways you can contribute
- Manage the full cycle of Finance program partner contracts, i.e. Expression of Interest (EOI), proposal, contract approval, conduct due diligence, budget reviews, program execution and monitoring, and program completion.
- Guide and train external program partners on all financial aspects of contract execution, including budgeting and reporting, due diligence, financial controls.
- Provide financial expertise and advice internally to the Foundation’s Programs team on the development and implementation of comprehensive programming strategies.
- Provide ad-hoc data and support for learning and evaluation activities, including analysis of program outputs and value-for-money.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial documentation and data, and report on contract commitments, disbursements, and cash flow projections.
- Ensure the managements grants systems is updated in a timely & Accurate manner with the correct financial information for each program.
- Ongoing monitoring & reporting on program financial performance post kick off (Deliver phase) per agreed timelines to ensure foundation resources are deployed as envisaged and there are sufficient funding & financials controls in place to support the delivery expected program outcomes.
- Ensure there are adequate business controls with the programs to ensure the safeguarding of the foundation’s assets.
- Accountable for compliance with local and international financial regulations and requirements.
- Provide periodic reporting on partner finance matters as determined by the partner contracts and ensure follow up action items are closed as required.
- Troubleshooting and management of financial issues that arise during program implementation.
- Perform due diligence procedures on partners & sub-contractors (i.e., evaluating financial statements, financial capacity, watchlist screening), identify gaps and ensure mitigations are in place to safeguard the foundation against financial and operational risks.
- Lead comprehensive program assessment processes ensuring quality control of the plans (Accountable for the quality of the Due diligence assessment that ensure risks are identified and mitigations plans are in place & are effective).
- Lead the assessment of the organization capacity together with the program finance teams especially as relate to the financials capacity of potential partners.
- Drive annual due diligence review process and updating yearly workplans with Programs teams and partners.
- Ensure programs comply with local regulatory requirements, and international financial regulations (e.g., anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism laws etc.), escalating to Legal and Compliance team as required.
- Lead the risk assessment of a programs together with the program teams within the various foundation frameworks to ensure the risks are correctly identified and risk mitigations are put in place and monitored to safeguard the Foundation.
- Provide Financial Information & insights as pertains to program finance to support decision making.
- Provide input into the foundation financial planning & budgeting routines within the required timelines and guidance as provided by the Financial planning & Analysis team.
- Any other tasks/Projects as maybe required from time to time.
- Engaging and cultivating relationships with partners to ensure good governance and partner the programs teams to enable the achievement of the intended strategic objectives/outcomes of the program.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or full accounting qualification is required
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in financial roles within large and/or global organizations. Exposure to different cultures and work environment specially francophone areas.
- Strong Analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Financial Internal Controls Management.
- Financials Reporting & Analysis experience including Budgeting, Financial Forecasting.
- Problem solving skills and good influencing skills.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Able to Identify & Mitigate Operational, Financial and Business Risks.
- Able to generate Routine Accounting Records and Financial Reports plus determine and apply correct accounting treatments.
- Excellent communicator, (excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills) with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Results driven and self-disciplined, with a strong sense of team and common purpose to achieve ambitious goals.
- Flexible, adaptable, intellectually curious and open, you are comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and willing to learn and change.
- Able to formulate and develop a new or creative approach to a problem
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is February 28th, 2022. Postuler