Medical RH recruits 01 Developer Advocate
This is an opportunity to work within a cross functional team geared toward building a thriving community of practice. The Developer Advocate will spend most of their time ensuring the success of App Developers in developing and deploying CHT applications. The Developer Advocate will translate new product features into benefits and new knowledge for App Developers. It will involve talking to hands-on developers and engineers, so you need to be able to speak their language.
The Developer Advocate will work closely with the Head of Community and the App Services team. This role will report to the Head of Community. The Developer Advocate will be remote, preferably based in one of our key geographies (East Africa, West Africa, or Nepal).
- Actively engage with CHT app developers in the CHT community and at Medic – through surveys, community calls, and other channels – to identify improvements that will make it easier to build CHT applications.
- Educate app developers on new CHT features and support them in effectively applying the features to CHT deployments.
- Following up and investigating on questions asked on product, and technical support categories on CHT forum.
- Investigate bug reports on the CHT forum and raise them as issues on the appropriate GitHub repositories.
- Follow up and close the loop on all bugs reported on the CHT forum.
- Identify gaps in documentation and resources for app developers and work with the App Services team and
- Product teammates to create, update and maintain documentation (reference guides, how-to guides, tutorials, and feature documentation).
- Reviewing CHT docs pull requests on GitHub from CHT app builders, service designers, product designers, and software developers.
- Organize training resources, documentation, and videos to make them intuitive and easy to use and follow.
- Document app developers’ experiences and stories from the community to share with the rest of the community and inform the evolution and growth of the CHT community of practice.
- Build CHT sample and reference applications that serve as a starting point for CHT community app developers.
- Present CHT changes for app developers on community video calls to encourage adoption.
- Ensure that a technical person can approach the CHT and have a smooth experience going from first-encounter through app deployment and enhancement.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Technical background with experience in developing software or mobile applications.
- Experience contributing to open source projects or being part of an open source community.
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools.
- Comfort with ambiguity and continued role evolution based on needs of the community.
- Enjoy working with people and helping them resolve issues and challenges.
- Ability to adapt to an evolving community strategy and quickly spot opportunities that come with it.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed when it is safe to do so.
- Ability to work well with different roles and communicate ideas across different teams effectively.
- Ability to rally teammates to collaborate on tasks and deliver in a timely manner.
Purpose & Impact
- Ability to create and see real impact in your work
- Freedom to take initiative and innovate, bonus of an agile, small team
- Work for a globally awarded social enterprise recognized for developing a solution that can create global systems change in the health sector
- Work with a value and mission driven team that is consistently described as warm, incredibly kind and supportive
- Exposure to a diverse team: over 15 different nationalities
- Opportunities for global travel: all team meet-up + functional team meet-up + field visits
Work/Life & Growth
- Generous leave time: vacation, maternity/paternity, bereavement, & sick days
- Professional development funds & opportunities + 5 days off for prof dev
- Flexible, remote schedules
Medic is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2010 to advance health and human flourishing with and for the hardest-to-reach communities. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is a secured human right. Practically, we have advanced our mission by building, implementing, and supporting open-source digital tools that support Community Health Workers, managers, and facility-based health workers. Along with our partners, we build and apply software that helps health workers deliver high-quality, equitable care in redesigned health systems. Our team and partners support more than 28,000 frontline health workers caring for an estimated 15 million people in 18 countries across Africa and Asia.
Each member of our team was drawn to this mission and emboldened by a vision of global health equity. Our diversity of skills and experiences helps us tackle complex challenges – we look forward to hearing from you and exploring ways to work together.
Closing date : 17 February 2022. Postuler