MMAP France recrute 01 Operations Manager – HQ (Marseille, France) – Fixed-term contract/CDD – 6 months maternity leave
iMMAP France is an international non for profit organization registered in France since 2008. We provide information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Operations Manager is responsible of the overall operations supervision from HQ, in all Countries of implementation. Based in Marseille (France), the Operations Manager closely coordinates with Finance and Human Resources departments at HQ level as well as with other Global Units and Country Offices to ensure a quality and compliant implementation of projects. Areas of responsibility include: overall donor compliance, procurement and asset management, project cycle management, business development and representation, security and communication.
This position will be recruited under a fix-term contract (contrat à durée déterminée in France) as it covers a maternity leave for a period of 6 months.
Description of Duties
Provide operational support to iMMAP country offices:
- Provide operational advice to Country Directors, Project Managers and Support departments in the field in close coordination with HQ Finance and HR Departments;
- Ensure regular follow up of project implementation in compliance with project proposals and contractual commitments;
- Lead on procurement and asset management policies and procedures including validation of procurement packages and asset management in collaboration with Country Offices;
- Contribute to the reinforcement of iMMAP’s expertise in country offices in terms of compliance, donors’ regulations, including procurement and asset management, and through training and lessons learnt processes.
Ensure compliance of interventions:
- Ensure and assess the compliance of interventions based on Donors’ and iMMAP’s regulations;
- Review contractual documentation;
- Coordinate due diligences processes;
- Participate on audit processes in close coordination with the Finance and HR Departments.
Promote organizational developments:
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the identification of gaps in existing procedures, also in line with Donor’s requirements;
- Participate in policies and procedures development;
- Contribute to the development of partnerships including development of partnership’s models and related contractual documentation.
- Coordination of project proposals development with relevant field missions;
- Ensure eligibility criteria are met;
- Communication with donors in relation to proposal development;
- Review of project proposals in coordination with Finance Department;
- Contribute to the development of business development tools and templates at global level;
- Participate in the creation and update of the BD strategy in collaboration with the country offices and BD department.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Coordinate the roll out of PCM/MEL Guidelines with Country Offices;
- Regular meetings with Project Managers for programmatic follow up;
- Promote a learning environment building on lessons learnt, capitalizing on best practices;
- Document and capitalize on donors’ feedback about proposals rejected or due diligences processes.
Participate in activities of representation and internal and external training:
- Attend meetings, , related to iMMAP’s activities;
- Promote iMMAP’s activities, represent the organization n conferences, workshops and humanitarian events with Partners and Donors.
- Ensure shared management of Security Coordinator;
- Follow up on the security department’s workplan and ensure security framework is in place.
- Review of communication materials;
- Ensure coordination with the Communication Manager.
Management of Human Resources:
- Shared management of all Country Directors, Security Coordinator;
- Direct line management of Operations Officer-HQ and when applicable, Project Managers (field);
- Participate in recruitment of key personnel;
- Conduct briefing and debriefing of key personnel;
- Contribute to the amendment/adaptation of organizational charts as needed.
- At least 8 years of experience in a similar position;
- At least 6 years of field experience is mandatory;
- At least 6 years of previous project management, project coordination, Country Director experience in the humanitarian sector is required;
- Bachelor or Master degree in International studies or similar thematic;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Working knowledge of French is required;
- Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset;
- Flexibility and capacity to work with a diverse team;
- Multi tasking and capacity to adaptation to changing priorities.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/343