Path recruits 01 Senior Program Assistant Non-Communicable Diseases – Primary Health Care
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
- Non-communicable (NCD) program in senegal and other implementation countries: The SPA will support all NCD projects in senegal and other west Africa countries. Three (3) main projects are currently implemented
- Healthy Heart Africa: The project focuses on detection, management, quality of care and demand creation for care of hypertension. Key activities in this project include awareness raising, screening, capacity building, data collection and dissemination of results. The SPA will support the team on communication, data collection and related activities in the 4 pilot districts (Guediawaye, Mbao, Mbour and St Louis).
- Diabetes CarePak: This project led by PATH senegal and implemented in Mali focuses on developing a human-centered « co-packaging solution that increases access to safe administration of insulin and self-care for people living with Diabetes. Key activities in this project include; Human-Centered design of the care Pak, Stake Holder and Partner Engagement, Business Case Development and Implementation /Operations. The SPA will support the team based in Mali and senegal to facilitate project implementation.
Selfcare-Building on momentum at the global level, PATH is working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and partners in Senegal to advance self-care through policy action and partner coordination. After a series of educational and consultative events to increase awareness of self-care, further disseminate WHO guidelines, and identify country-specific advocacy and learning priorities the Senegal Selfcare pioneers’ group was launched. This Pioneers group will provide technical and advocacy support to the MOH and drive a learning agenda, as well as engage in policy advocacy efforts to support the introduction and expansion of self-care interventions within Senegal’s health system.
PATH in Senegal is seeking an experienced and bilingual Senior Program Assistant to provide support for project administration, and logistics for project activities, for a fixed term employment of one (1) year renewable. Specifically, the Senior Program Assistant will support these following projects:
- Assist the program officer to collect data and activities monthly reports.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, produce minutes for meetings and workshops, and assist in following up on recommendations or actions. Compile and organize relevant materials, help to set up meeting, make arrangements for and troubleshoot audio/visual connections.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for workshops, meetings & field work exercises; develop budgets for activities using established formats; manage cash disbursements to meeting, workshop and field work exercise participants as needed; prepare financial reports of workshop, meetings, and field work exercises.
- Assist teams and stakeholders based in regions or other countries to organize activities and collect supporting documents.
- Provide telephone support to team by redirecting phone calls to the relevant office, soliciting information, answering general queries by telephone, and organizing teleconferences and virtual meetings via Zoom and Teams.
- Serve as a resource for translating program correspondence, reports, presentations, and other written materials as needed.
- Create and maintain appropriate records and knowledge management systems, including shared drive and cloud-based filing systems, for project-related information and materials.
- Ensure local and international travel management for programs team, including visa process, flight & hotel booking, cash advance, expense report and follow up.
- Coordinate arrangements for incoming visitors’ or Dakar staff persons’ domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel room reservation and airport pick up.
- Solicit and track vendor quotes, find quotations for local procurements, prepare documentation (e.g., Purchase Orders, Procurement Request Forms) in accordance with PATH policy.
- Backstop team members when they are out of the office to follow up on communications.
- Manage office supplies inventory.
- Facilitate processing of transactions by PATH Senegal, liaising with the Finance Officer for processing and generating of payments, purchase orders, etc.
- Provide backup for other Program Assistants at PATH/Senegal as requested.
- Associate degree: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years professional experience.
- Experience working in an international organization and/or in a multicultural environment is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to include conflict resolution, priority management and managing the expectations of multiple clients.
- Fluency in both English and French.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning financial, data and employee files.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team situations with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (especially MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams): must have demonstrable ability to format and scan documents, prepare presentations and use advanced calendaring and email management strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain office records and files, interpret rules and regulations and to apply them to work situations.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]
Closing date : 19 February 2022.