|Path recrute 01 Program Officer, Noncommunicable diseases|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||20 Avril 2021|
|Offre visitée||9 fois|
Description de l’offre
Program Officer, Noncommunicable diseases
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is seeking a Program Officer to coordinate the implementation of a noncommunicable (NCD) project in Senegal. The project focuses on detection, management, quality of care and demand creation for care of hypertension. Key activities in this project include awareness raising, screening, capacity building, data collection and dissemination of results.
The Program Officer will report to the Country Non-Communicable Diseases program lead with dotted line to the PATH Global NCD team and will work closely with the PATH global NCD team, Senegal team, the donor, the NCDs Division in Ministry of Health, 4 Health Districts where the program will be implemented (Guediawaye, Mbao, Mbour and St louis), Regional Health Management Teams, and other NCD local partners to ensure technical quality of interventions and implementation.
• Coordinate the implementation of NCD project in Senegal.
• Provide guidance and monitor implementation of field activities of the project in the 4 districts of implementation, including, implementation, social mobilization and communication and project documentation.
• Represent PATH project at national NCD meetings, conferences, workshops, and coordinate with the NCD’s division of MoH, and other local partners for project implementation.
• Represent PATH project at regular donor monthly and quarterly meetings and other donor requested meetings.
• Coordinate with the MoH and districts project activities implementation as (training for Health care workers, community health workers, supervision…)
• Develop and maintain relationships with the health facilities selected for the project and coordinate activities such as conducting site assessments; activating selected sites; facility performance improvement plans.
• Provide technical guidance on the development of M&E framework, data collection tool and process to ensure utility of user interface.
• Pilot a digital information system implementation with relevant partners and MoH division.
• Manage awareness-raising campaigns in targeted districts and lead screening efforts through outreach activities at District and community level.
• Supervise the implementation of activities and deliverables.
• Build and maintain relationships with NCD Partners, Districts, MoH and other related public health programs and ensure regular communication between implicated partners and PATH.
• Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
• Develop and coordinate a data collection, storage plan and reporting plan.
• Prepare monthly updates on deliverables, quarterly reporting and timely submission of annual narrative reports and documentation to donor and key stakeholders and partners.
• A Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Promotion, Project management or related social science discipline.
• At least five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated skills in coordination or management of health and related programs.
• Relevant M&E experience with donor funded projects.
• Strong Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Knowledge of Ministry of Health information System
• Strong knowledge and experience in project lifecycles
• Clear understanding of non-communicable diseases, especially hypertension diagnosis, prevention, and management.
• Strong stakeholder mobilization, problem-spotting and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical audiences in French as well as English
• Ability to pool data together, analyze and produce reports.
• Ability to work across countries is a plus.
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
COMMENT POSTULER ?
Apply online :